Shortening of the degree programme

If you have a previous university career (you have already obtained a degree or have earned credits without completing your studies due to loss of student status or withdrawal, you have attended and passed single course units, you have taken exams abroad), you can apply for a shortened degree programme.

What to do

Fill in the application form [.pdf] and submit it to the relevant Student Administration Office of your degree programme. 

Please note:

  • The respective Degree Programme Board will assess your application and decide whether to recognise credits already earned so that you can skip the first year(s) of your programme. You cannot waive credits that have been officially recognised by the Degree Programme Board.
  • You will have to apply no later than 26 November 2020.
  • You will have to pay a €200 fee using the payment slip provided by the Student Administration Office.
  • Once you have submitted your application to the Student Administration Office, you cannot withdraw it, irrespective of the Degree Programme Board’s decision.
  • Credit recognition may influence all the merit assessments required for getting special subsidies with regard to the right to higher education.
  • After requesting credit recognition, the amount of student tuition fees calculated for the academic year in question may be modified; in fact, the requirements set out in the Regulations for student tuition fees, which are described on the University Portal on the Tuition fees page, must be met.

For the recognition of extracurricular work experience please ask for information at the Student Administration Office.

If you have obtained your qualification abroad or taken exams abroad, you must hand in to the Student Administration Office:

Always check in the specific pages when the declaration of value, the translation or the legalization are not required!