Anno Accademico 2023/2024

  • Docente: Emanuele Menegatti
  • Crediti formativi: 6
  • SSD: IUS/07
  • Lingua di insegnamento: Inglese
  • Modalità didattica: Convenzionale - Lezioni in presenza
  • Campus: Forli
  • Corso: Laurea in Economia e commercio (cod. 9202)


The course will deal with the following topics:

  1. Historical evolution of the EU and the European Social Policy. The present and the future of the European Social Policy: The European Pillar of Social Rights.
  2. EU Institutions and law-making process. The European Single Market.
  3. Free Movement of Workers and Posting of Workers in the EU.
  4. Equal treatment and non-discrimination.
  5. Working conditions: Transparency and predictability, minimum wage, health and safety.
  6. Atypical and Non-Subordinate Work: Part-time, fixed-term, temporary agency work, dependent contractors.
  7. Restructuring of Undertakings: Transfer of undertaking, collective Redundancies, employer insolvency. Corporate Social Responsibility
  8. Social responses to the digital revolution: Platform work, artificial intelligence, data protection and privacy.
  9. The European Social Charter and its impact on Member States.


Attending students are requested to study the class materials (PPT presentations) available on "virtuale," which will be explained and integrated in class. If they wish to further supplement their understanding of the topics covered by the course, they can refer to the readings provided for non-attending students.

Non-attending students are requested to prepare for the examination using the readings that will be listed here in due time. The readings will be accessible on "virtuale."

Metodi didattici

Lectures will be regularly complemented by seminars featuring experts in the subject field.

Modalità di verifica e valutazione dell'apprendimento

For attending students only the final evaluation will take into consideration active participation in class (10% of the overall grade), group presentations that students will be required to prepare (40%), and a final paper on a topic agreed upon with the instructor from those covered during the classes (50%).

For non attending students the final evaluation will consist in an oral examination on the materials indicated for them.

Strumenti a supporto della didattica

Power Point Presentations

Orario di ricevimento

Consulta il sito web di Emanuele Menegatti