Italian language test and certificate for enrolment in a degree programme

If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, reside abroad and have chosen a degree programme in Italian, you must meet the Italian language requirement in order to enrol and start your university studies.

You can meet the Italian language requirement in two ways:

  • by passing an Italian language test organised by the University of Bologna;
  • by presenting a valid Italian language certificate or a high school diploma obtained in the Italian language.

Plan ahead and don't wait until the last minute! Some Italian exams or certificate checks may be after the deadline and therefore not acceptable! There may not be any more places for the Italian tests or your certificates may not be suitable.

Language test

Certificates, qualifications and other documents

Summary of deadlines