Before leaving home: entry visa

Non-EU exchange students, wishing to stay in Italy for longer than 90 days, must apply for an entry visa for study purposes.

If you stay for less than 90 days, you may need an entry visa or not according to your nationality.

Check if you need an entry visa and the documents required on MAECI Visa for Italy (select Study – EXCHANGE AND MOBILITY PROGRAMME as reasons for your stay).

However, you have to contact the nearest Italian Embassy in your Country of residence; it is advisable to do it well in advance.