93330 - Trends in Communications M

Academic Year 2023/2024

  • Teaching Mode: Blended Learning
  • Campus: Bologna
  • Corso: Second cycle degree programme (LM) in Telecommunications Engineering (cod. 9205)

Learning outcomes

The course is intended to extend knowledge on application fields and needs of evolving communication scenarios, to practice and develop interaction skills with lecturer and team working, to stimulate active learning.

Course contents

The course is organized as a collection of seminars given by experts in Telecommunications.

This year the seminars will be given by PhD students with the aim to create connections between the Master curriculum and research, with insights on possible opportunities for the preparation of the final project.

The topics and list of seminars will be available soon.


Papers on the topic of the seminar distributed in advance. Students are required to read the assigned papers before the seminar and prepare questions.

Teaching methods

This course will be part of the experimental teaching action: it will use the "blended" teaching method, where 35% of the hours will be held online, and the remaining 65% in presence in the room.

Students will be involved in peer interaction with the teachers through questions and discussions in groups.

Team working will take place online at the end of groups of seminars.

Attendance to the seminars is compulsory (see assessment methods for details).

Assessment methods

Evaluation of student's participation and ability to interact with experts will take place during the course. Reporting from team working will be also evaluated. Attendance to the seminars is compulsory (at least 85% of the seminars).

Teaching tools

Scientific papers; iol.unibo.it

Office hours

See the website of Diego Masotti