91286 - Project Work in Internet of Things

Academic Year 2021/2022

  • Teaching Mode: Traditional lectures
  • Campus: Bologna
  • Corso: Second cycle degree programme (LM) in Artificial Intelligence (cod. 9063)

Learning outcomes

At the end of the course, the student is able to apply the knowledge acquired in Internet Of Things in order to carry out autonomously a project focusing on a topic agreed upon with the teacher.

Course contents

The course is based on a set of project proposals focusing the Internet of things class topics, which can be selected by candidates (also proposed by candidates). The project proposal must be agreed with the teacher and formally assigned to each single candidate.

The project realization will lead to a platform, system or software, possibly mutually integrated, for the realization of IoT applications, research and development objectives.


Material, scientific papers, web documents will be supplied during the Internet of Things class.

Teaching methods

This is a project to be realized in autonomy in laboratory. The illustration will cover the project objectives, design and realization of a prototype, tests and experimental validation.

Assessment methods

The project work can be selecetd by a set of proposals (or proposed by the candidates) and must be formally agreed and approved by the teacher.

After the project realization, the assessment method is based on the illustration of the project work by creating a final report and a demo/presentation of the project (based on slides). The presentation will be based on a oral session focusing the objectives, state of the art, solutions and methodologies, design, realization, tests and validation.

The evaluation will be based 70% on the methodological approach, design, realization and tests, and for the remaining 30% based on quality of the presentation, reports and documents realized.

Teaching tools

Laboratory material. IoT Platforms.

Slides and scientific documents/papers.

Links to further information


Office hours

See the website of Luciano Bononi


Affordable and clean energy Industry, innovation and infrastructure Sustainable cities

This teaching activity contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN 2030 Agenda.