• Degree in Pedagogy at the Faculty of Magisterium of the University of Bologna (5.7.1985).
• Enable for Italian Teaching, History and Civic Education, Geography at the Secondary School (Competition in the Province of Bologna with Decree of 12 February 1985, 1355).
• Enable for the teaching of "Philosophy and Science of Education" in upper secondary school (Ordinary Contests for Exams and Titles in Secondary Secondary Institutions - D.M. 23.3.1990).
• Biennial polyvalent specialization, dated 29.9.1988, at the Institute of the Blind, "F. Cavazza "in Bologna.
• Doctor of Research in Experimental Pedagogy, obtained on 21 June 2000 at the University "La Sapienza" in Rome.
From March 1, 2001 to December 29, 2011 he has been a researcher in "Didactics and Special Education" at the Faculty of Education at the University of Urbino "Carlo Bo", where he was taught:
• From 2001/2002 to 2007/2008 of Pedagogy of Marginality and Child Deviation;
• from 2002/2003 to 2004/2005 of Intercultural Pedagogy;
• from 2005/2006 to 2011/2012 of Special Didactic.
Starting from 2001/2002 up to the year 2010/2011 also held special pedagogical and didactic courses at the SSIS support of the University of Bologna and in the years 2004/2005 and 2005/2006 also at the SSIS support of the University of Ferrara.
At the University of Urbino he has held numerous institutional assignments, among which:
• Component of the Commission set up in the Urbino University for "Analyzing the problems of students with disabilities and with special educational needs" (Academic Senate No 141 of 19 October 2010).
• Direct reference - within the aforementioned Commission - for the area of Didactics and Special Education - in place of the Delegate of the Rector for Disability (unable to work for several months for health reasons), for aa. 2009-2010. Within the aforementioned Commission, the first University Regulations were drawn up to regulate interventions against disabled students and "special educational needs".
• In continuity with the assignment given to the Commission, he also chaired the Ateneo-E.R.S.U Commission. Who, following the issuance of the specific call for entries, has selected the student tutors accompanying students with disabilities, identifying the criteria and carrying out interviews aimed at assessing the specific aptitudes and competences of the individual, drawing up a specific ranking (aa 2010- 2011).
• He has worked as a scientific referent for the Athlete's "Door", interacting with the assigned T / A staff (always replacing the Delegate of the Rector). It is on the basis of the criteria identified at that site that the call for tender regulating the participation for the following year was drafted.
• He also developed a specific project - submitted to the Ministry for Legislative Measures 17/1999 - aimed at implementing actions for the inclusion of deaf students, titled "Deaf Student Participation at the University".
• from the academic year 2009/2010 to the academic year 2011/2012 he was a member of the PhD in Pedagogy of Cognition - XXV cycle (coordinator Massimo Baldacci) and rapporteur of thesis.
Since December 29, 2011 he has been a second-tier professor of scientific disciplines M / PED-03 -Didactic and Special Pedagogy at the University of Bologna, where he teaches Special Pedagogy for inclusion in the Science of Primary Education, Special Pedagogy, Marginality and Deviance in Social and Cultural Educators, Didactic Models and Research in School Psychology.
He acquired eligibility as ordinary teacher in November 2017.
Among the institutional assignments held at the University of Bologna:
• Scientific coordinator of the Erasmus Plus project "Hey teachers do not leave the kid alone" with the participation of the Universities of Lodz (Poland) and Vilnius kolegija (Lithuania), Vocational Training Organization Razvojno izobrazevalni center Novo mesto (Slovenia) and DIMOTIKO PANAYIAS TRIXEROUSAS (Cyprus).
• Coordinator of the International Agreement "1444 Teacher Training for Children with Special Needs" with the chair of Antonio Luque De La Rosa, Professor of UAL and Director of the Secretariado de Orientación Educativo y Vocacional of the UAL of the University of Almeria.
• Director of the Specialization Degree in Support for Exhaustive Teachers, promoted by the Ministry of Education, organized by the Department of Education Sciences of the University of Bologna in the academic year 2014-2015.
• Member of the PhD in Pedagogical Sciences of the Department of Education Sciences (2015-2016).
• Member of the Scientific Council, Coordinator and Teacher of the Specialization in Teacher Support, promoted by the Ministry of Education, University and Research, organized by the Department of Educational Sciences of the University of Bologna, Roberta Caldin in the years 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/2016; 2016/2017;
• Member of the International Scientific Conference "Special Education Needs" (BES): an Italian "affaire", Department of Education Sciences "G.M.Bertin" University of Bologna (December 16, 2013);
• co-ordination support / counseling of the Minority Penitentiary Institute - Minority Justice Center for the launch of a research promoted by the Emilia Romagna Region on Communities and Prison;
• Member of the Scientific Committee and Professor of the 1st and 2nd editions of the Master of Psychopedagogy of Specific Learning Disorders;
• Member of the School / Department Commission for Admission to Training Internship Courses in 2012/2013;
• Since 2012, he has been a member of the Joint Commission of the School of Psychology and Education Sciences;
• Performs referee activities for the Department of Education Sciences.