54726 - Agrochemical and Food Products and Products for Pharmaceutical Usages

Course Unit Page

SDGs

This teaching activity contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN 2030 Agenda.

Good health and well-being

Academic Year 2018/2019

Learning outcomes

At the end of the course the student can apply his/her skills to chemical areas of great economic importance in local and national environment, from agrochemicals (fungicides, herbicides, insecticides), the food industry (food chemistry, additives, minerals), to the nutraceutics , cosmetics and pharmaceuticals (antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, antiviral).

Course contents

Antibiotics, beta-lactams, peptidic, Antivirals, Antitumorals, steroids, Anti-infiammatory, coxib, peptide hormons, fungicides herbicides food additives

Readings/Bibliography

intro alla chimica farmaceutica, Patrick, edises

Teaching methods

presentation and group-work

Assessment methods

The exam consists of two parts, the first part is aimed at determining the knowledge related to medicinal chemistry and anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, and antiviral properties. The second part is aimed at determining the preparation on food chemistry, animal husbandry, chemistry for agriculture, and environmental implications. Each query starts with the resolution of a synthesis exercise to be carried out on the blackboard. Later the student discusses the theoretical aspects raised from the exercise. The score is splitedt equally between the two modules, and each module gives a score of 60% determined by the outcome of the exercize, the remaining 40% from the discussion on the part of theory. Overall the examination takes about 40 minutes. Upon request, the student may ask to face a written test.

Teaching tools

 power point, slides

Office hours

See the website of Luca Gentilucci

See the website of Pier Giorgio Cozzi