Academic Year 2013/2014
At the end of the course students will:
- know the specific concepts related to the assessment issues and certification of competences;
- know specific tools related to the assessment practices and certification of competences;
- know the laws/norms which regulate the certification and the recognition of learning processes in Italy and in several European countries.
- understand and interpret the results of the assessment researches related to the recognition and certification of formal and non-formal learning;
- monitor and assess formal and non-formal learning;
- analyse the competences useful to support self-management of their own professional development paths;
- use those tools suitable and relevant to monitor their own learning, reflect on the learning process, start a review process of their own learning (also benefitting from the peer group's feedback);
- individuate those tools and training paths which are adequate to the development of their own cultural and specialised knowledge and professional competences.
The purposes, the “objects”, the tools and the procedures for the assessment of learning, recognition and certification of competences and the related Italian and European regulations will be the topics of the study. In-depth examination of the e-Portfolio tools will be carried out within the course and the e-Portfolio will be used in order to support learning and professional development.
- C. Bisio, Valutare in formazione. Azioni, significati e valori, Milano, Franco Angeli, 2002 [alcune parti: pp. 78-128, pp. 151-173].
- ISFOL, Certificazione delle competenze e life long learning. Scenari e cambiamenti in Italia e in Europa, 2004 (Vol. 1 tutto) available at http://www.welfare.gov.it/EuropaLavoro/Ucofpl/ProdottiEditoriali/CollaneEditoriali/ILibriDelFondoSocialeEuropeo/Certificazionecompetenzelifelonglearning.htm
- Cedefop, European Guidelines for validating non-formal and informal learning, 2009 [capitoli 1, 7, 8] available at http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/etv/Upload/Information_resources/Bookshoop/553/4054_en.pdf
- Unesco (2012), Unesco guidelines for the Recognition, Validation and Accreditation of the Outcomes of Non-formal and Informal Learning. Unesco Institute for Lifelong Learning
- Pellerey M., Orio F., QPCC. Il questionario di percezione delle proprie competenze e convinzioni, Roma, Edizioni Lavoro, 2001.
- Resources available on the platform (laws/regulations included).
- Mandatory online activity.
Instructions on how to access the platform will be given during an ad-hoc meeting at the beginning of the course.
Blended learning: face to face lessons together with group work activities to be carried out both at the presence and during online sessions, partecipation in the course forum, realization of a learning diary and design of an e-Portfolio.
During both the course and the online activities, formative assessment activities will be carried out. The formative assessment activities (mainly consisting of online feedbacks) aim to self- and hetero-regulation of the learning process by peers, tutor and the teacher.
The summative assessment and evaluation will be based on the analysis of the contributions given and the materials developed during the online activities, then on the basis of an oral exam based about the mandatory reading and the work conducted during the course (at individual and group level).
At the beginning of the course students will be given detailed instructions about how activities will be carried out and how the materials will be used in order to support the learning process. Part of the course will be delivered by means of Moodle platform.
Links to further information
See the website of Giovannini Maria Lucia