University of Bologna Email: marco. casari AT unibo.it
Department of Economics Tel. ++39 051 209 8662
Piazza Scaravilli, 2 Fax ++39 051 209 8493
40126 Bologna, Italy
· Ph. D. in Social Sciences-Economics, California
Institute of Technology, Pasadena, US, June 2002.
· M. Sc. in Social Sciences, California Institute of
Technology, Pasadena, US, June 1998.
· B.A. with honors, (Laurea D.E.S.), Universitá
Commerciale Bocconi, Milano, Italy, June 1996.
· Universitá di Bologna, Department of Economics, Bologna
Full Professor, January 2011 - Present
· Universitá di Bologna, School of Political Science
“Ruffilli”, Forlì, and Department of Economics, Bologna
Associate Professor, October 2006 - December 2010
· Purdue University, Krannert School of Management,
Assistant Professor of Economics, August 2004 – September
· Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona , Center for the
Study of Organizations and Decisions in Economics, Spain
Marie Curie Researcher, September 2002 – August 2004
· Ohio State University, Department of Economics,
Post-doctoral scholar, September 2001- June 2002
· Solar geoengineering may lead to excessive cooling and high strategic uncertainty (with A. Lou Abatayo, V.Bosetti, R.Ghidoni, and M.Tavoni), Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 2020, 117, 24, 13393-13398.
· Group size in social-ecological systems (con C.Tagliapietra), Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 2018, 115, 11, 2728-2733.
· Time Horizon and Cooperation in Continuous Time, (with M. Bigoni, A. Skrzypacz, and G. Spagnolo), Econometrica. 2015, 83, 587-616
· Money and Trust among Strangers, (with G. Camera and M. Bigoni), Proceedings of the National Academy of Science , 2013, 110, 37, 14889-14893.
· Cooperation among strangers under the shadow of the future, (with G. Camera) American Economic Review , 2009, 99, 3, 979–1005.
· Selection bias, demographic effects and ability effects in common value auctions experiments, (with J.Ham and J.Kagel) American Economic Review , 2007, 97, 4, 1278-1304.
• Money is more than memory, (with M.Bigoni and G. Camera), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2020, 110, 99-115.
• Introduction: special issue on the economics of climate change and sustainability (Part B), (with E. Agliardi and A. Xepapadeas), Environment and Development Economics, 2020, 25, 1-4.
• Partners or Strangers? Cooperation, monetary trade, and the choice of scale of interaction, (with M.Bigoni, G.Camera) American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 2019, 11 (2), 195-227.
• At the root of the North-South cooperation gap in Italy: Preferences or beliefs?
, (with M. Bigoni, S.Bortolotti, D.Gambetta), Economic Journal
, 2019, 129, pp. 1139 – 1152.
• Property Rights, Marriage and Fertility in the Italian Alps: 1790-1820, (with M. Lisciandra, C.Tagliapietra), Explorations in Economic History, 2019, 71, 72-92.
• Introduction: special issue on the economics of climate change and sustainability (Part A), (with E. Agliardi and A. Xepapadeas), Environment and Development Economics, 2019, 24, 555-559.
• Carbon is Forever: A Climate Change Experiment on Cooperation, (with G.Calzolari and R.Ghidoni), Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2018, 92, 169-184.
• Monitoring institutions in indefinitely repeated games, (with G. Camera), Experimental Economics, 2018, 21, 3, 673–691.
• Climate Change: Behavioral Responses from Extreme Events and Delayed Damages. (with R. Ghidoni and G. Calzolari), Energy Economics, 2017, 68, 103–115.
• Institutional Change in Property Rights: Model and Evidence of a Centuries-Long Dynamic (with M.Lisciandra).
• Financial intermediation and the macroeconomy: an experiment (with M. Bigoni and G.Camera).
• Civicness drain, with (A.Ichino, M.Michaeli, G. Marandola, M. De Paola, V.Scoppa).
DOWNLOAD CV FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF PUBLICATIONS