* Associate Professor in Sociology.
Education and Qualifications
* PhD, Sociology and Social Research, University of Trento,
* Diplôme d'Études Approfondies (DEA), École des Hautes Études en
Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris, 2002;
* Degree in Political Sciences (summa cum laude), University of
* High School Diploma (60/60), Liceo Classico Marco Polo, Venice
* 2004: Summer School in “Social Science Data Analysis and
Collection”, University of Essex (UK);
* 2001-2002: EHESS (Paris) - scholarship by University of
* 2013 - : Member of the Staff of the Inter-University Research PhD Programme in Sociology and Methodology of Social Research (University of Milan and University of Turin);
* 2009 - : Member of the Centre of Gender and Education Studies of the Universty of Bologna (CSGE - Centro Studi sul Genere e l'Educazione);
* 2013 - : Member of the research centre on Mobility Diversity and Social Inclusion (MoDI - Centro Studi su Mobilità, Diversità e Inclusione sociale), University of Bologna;
* 2008 - 2012: Member of ESA (European Sociological Association).
Scientific Journals Board Membership
* 2018 - "Il Mulino", Bologna, Il Mulino;
* 2016- "Rassegna italiana di Sociologia" Bologna, Il Mulino (as Editorial Board member and Book Review Editor);
* 2007 - "Sociologica", Bologna, Il Mulino;
*2005 - 2012 : "Polis", Bologna, Il Mulino;
* 2002-2004: "Rassegna Italiana di Sociologia", Bologna,
Il Mulino (as Book Review Board Member).
*2016- 2018 Research group on PRIN "Death, Dying and Disposal in Italy: Attitudes, Behaviours, Beliefs, Rituals" (PRIN - MIUR, Scient. Manager: A. Colombo);
*2013-2015: Research group on “Mobility without borders. Internal migrations and social dynamics in Europe” (FARB Project- university of Bologna, Scient. Manager: B. Riccio);
* 2011-2012: Member of the Scientific Board of the research project "Gender, bodies and the media: a research about high school students in Trento ", supported by Caritro;
* 2010-2012: Scientific Supervisor for Italy of the European research project: "Multiple discrimination in healthcare" supported by the European Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA) http://www.fra.europa.eu/fraWebsite/research/projects/proj_multiplediscriminationhealthcare_en.htm
2011-2012: Member of the Scientific Board of the research project "Adolescents, body and the media", supported by Consulta delle donne di Budrio (Bo);
* 2008-2011: Scientific Supervisor of the research project: "Gender Processes in High-School: Problems and Educational Potentialities", supported by Dipartimento di Scienze dell'Educazione, University of Bologna;
* 2010 January-April : Visiting scholar at Goldsmiths College, London (UK); *2008: Research activity on “Teenagers' Violent Behaviour in Rimini”, project directed by Giannino Melotti, for the University of Bologna and Assessorato alle Politiche Sociali della Provincia di Rimini;
* 2007-2008: Research activity and co-author of the Final Report on “Discrimination in the workplace based on gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, race or ethnic origin”, project directed by M. Barbagli, and supported by the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Policies and Cattaneo Institute in Bologna;
* 2006-2007: Research activity and co-author of the Final Report on “Integration of Second Generation Immigrants in Lower Secondary School”, research project directed by Marzio Barbagli, supported by Comune di Bologna and Regione Emilia Romagna.
Sociology of the family and gender differences; Sociology of the Welfare State and Lifelong Learning; Sociology of gender differences; Sociology of adult education;
Sociology; Sociology of culture; Environmental