MARINA TIMOTEO CURRICULUM VITAE
Full professor of Comparative Private Law (IUS/02), Department of Legal Studies, University of Bologna
Ph.D. in History and Istitutions of Modern and Contemporary Africa and Asia, Cagliari University (Year 1993)
J.D. (Honors), Macerata (academic year 1986/87)
Chinese Language Certificate, Level B, Beijing Language Institute di Pechino (Year 1991)
In 1996 is appointed Researcher at the Law School of the University of Bologna. From 2001 to 2007 is Associate Professor and since 2007 is Full Professor, where she hold courses of Comparative Private Law, Law of the Asian Countries, Law and Business in China.
She has been Visiting Professor: in 1998, at the People’s University and the Beijing University of Beijing, within the European Union - China Higher Education Cooperation Programme; in 2001 at the Chuo University of Tokyo; in 2005 and 2008 at the China’s University of Political Sciences and Law in Beijing.
From 1999 to 2012 is Coordinator of the area “Legal Systems and Development” within the Master in “Development Innovation and Change”, at the University of Bologna.
Since 2005 she is Director of the Summer School in Comparative Law at the Law School of the University of Bologna, that from 2008 focuses on Chinese Law.
Since 2008 is responsible of lesson plan “European Private Law” of the Master Program in European and International Law of the China-Europe School of Law of Beijing.
Participation to Academic Councils and Organs, Assignments at the University of Bologna
From May 2012 to May 2018 is Member of the Board of Directors of the University of Bologna.
In 2016 is co-founder and head of the Unit of Bologna of the Interuniversity Research Centre on Comparative Law, established in cooperation with the Universities of Insubria (Como) and Trieste. In 2017 she is appointed deputy director.
Since 2011 is member of the Academic Board of the PhD Program in European Law of the University of Bologna.
From 2010 to 2012 is appointed Vice-Dean of the Law School of the University of Bologna.
Since 2009 is Italian Director of the Confucius Institute at the University of Bologna, founded through an agreement with the Renmin University of Beijing and the Hanban.
From 2009 to 2012 is Member of the Scientific committee of the Institute of Advanced Studies of the University of Bologna.
From 2009 she is member of the Council of the degree in International Cooperation, Development and Human Rights at the University of Bologna.
Since 2006 is responsible, for the University of Bologna of the cooperation agreement with the China’s University of Political Sciences and Law of Beijing. Within this agreement she started, in 2008, a cooperation with the government program China Scholarship Council (CSC) for the entry of Chinese PhD candidate in the PhD courses of the University of Bologna.
From 2010 is responsible for the University of Bologna of the cooperation agreement with Tongji University of Shanghai.
From 2002 to 2005 is member of the library committee established at the Department of Legal Studies of the University of Bologna.
From 2002 is member of the Scientific Committee of the International Research Centre on European Law of the University of Bologna.
From 1996 is member of the International Relations Commission of the Law School of the University of Bologna.
Scientific and coordination activities
From 2018 she is the Academic Coordinator of the Unit of Bologna of the Jean Monnet Network on EU-China Legal and Judicia Cooperation (EUPLANT), financed by the European Commission.
From 2013 to 2016 she is Coordinator of the FARB Project of the University of Bologna “EU and China towards the smart development. Strategies and Instruments of legal and economic cooperation”.
From 2012 to 2014 is Coordinator, for the University of Bologna, of the project “ The capacity building of environmental justice and guarding environmental rights in Western China ” within the call for proposal Europaid “EU-China environmental governance programme (EGP)”; Partners: University of Bologna-China's University of Political Science and Law).
In 2010-2011 she is Scientific coordinator, as “Senior expert”, for the “EU-China Project for the Protection of Intellectual Property Rights/IPR 2” (cooperation programme between EU and China). Coordinated Projects: “IPR Protection at Trade Fairs: Preliminary study” (2010); “Preparation and Coordination of a IPR Moot Trial at Shanghai Expo” (2010); “Long Term Study in IP Law-IP court cases” (2011); “Long Term Study in IP Law – Copyright Law” (2011).
In 2009-2010 she is Coordinator of the research project “The Legal Framework of Environmental Protection: EU and China in a Global Perspective” within the China-Europe School of Law established at the China University of Political Sciences and Law of Beijing.
In 2008 she is head of the Scientific Committee for the organisation of the Second Annual Conference of the European China Law Studies Association, held in Bologna.
From 2006 to 2008 she is Director of the Bologna local unit of a research project co financed by MIUR (National direction, Turin University) on “Cina, lingua e traduzioni giuridiche” (China, Language and Legal Translations).
In 2006 she is in charge of the Scientific Coordination of the International Conference “Regimi e tutela della proprietà intellettuale in Cina/Rules and Safeguards of Intellectual Property in China”, organised by the China College and the University of Bologna.
Starting from 1996, she constantly has been assigned with funds from the University of Bologna for the development of research projects (Former “Scientific research 60%”, now “RFO”). The topics of her research include Contract law, Intellectual Property law, Environmental law, analysed in comparative law perspective, with a specific focus on Chinese legal system.
Other Participation to Councils and Organs
From September 2015 is Director of AlmaLaurea Interuniversity Consortium.
In 2015 she is co-funder and Member of the Board of the Study Centre on Contemporary China (CSCC).
From 2014 to 2015 she is member of the Technical Panel for S&T Cooperation with China, established at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In 2012 is member of the Commission for the appointment of the members of the Board of Directors of the University of Macerata.
From 2011 is Member of the International Academy of Comparative Law
From 2011 she is Member of the board of the Società Italiana per la Ricerca nel Diritto Comparato (Italian Association for research in Comparative Law), founded by prof. Rodolfo Sacco.
From 2010 is Member of the Peer Group for the assignment of research grants within the China-Europe School of Law, Beijing.
From 2010 is Member of the Steering committee of ISAIDAT Law Review.
From 2008 she is Member of the General Assembly of the China-EU School of Law, representing the University of Bologna.
In 2006 she is co-founder of the Europe China Law Studies Association; from 2008 to 2017 she is Member of the Board of ECLS.
In 2006 she is Reference member of the Government Committee Italy-China, established by the Governments of the PRC and Italy in 2004.
Since 2005 she is Member of the Scientific Committee of “Osservatorio Asia”, an Italian private foundation aiming at enhancing research activities and business opportunities in the context of the Italian-Asian relationships.
From 2004 to 2006 she is member of the national Committee for the celebrations of the 750 anniversary of the birth of Marco Polo, established by the Italian Ministry for cultural activities.
She is member of the directory board of the “Annuario di diritto comparato e studi legislativi” (“Annual Review of Comparative and Legislatives Studies”)
She is member of the editorial board of the “Rivista Trimestrale di diritto e procedura civile” (Civil Law and Civil Procedure Quarterly).
Organising Committee of National and International Conferences, Colloquia and Workshops
October 3, 2017: organization of the conference "Cina e codificazione nel XXI secolo. La parte generale del diritto civile in vigore dal 1 ottobre 2017" ("China and Codification in XXI century. The General Part of Civil Law Enforcedin October 1, 2017"), organized at the University of Bologna.
February 18, 2016: organisation of the workshop “Comparing Legal Languages and creating common/uniform terminologies”, within the LAST JD PhD Program. Speech on “Linguistic uncertainties in Contemporary Chinese legislation: some paths of evolution in civil law”.
May 22, 2015, organisation at the Law School of the University of Bologna of the Conference “A Civil Code for XXI Century”, in cooperation with Renmin University of China, China University of Political Sciences and Law and the Confucius Institute at the University of Bologna. Speech on “Codificare il diritto civile nel XXI secolo: l’apporto della comparazione” (“Civil Law Codification in XXI century: the role of comparison”).
May 31, 2014. Organisation at the Law School of the University of Bologna of the Conference “Sustainability Actually. Dialogues on Environmental Justice”, orgnised within the cooperation program "EU"-China Environmental Governance" (University of Bologna and China University of Political Sciences and Law).
October 11, 2013. Organisation at the Law School of the University of Bologna of the workshop “Inequality, competition and social dumping. Crossroads of the Smart Develpment’s Strategies in the Global South and the Global North”, organised within the FARB project "EU-China Towards Smart Development. Strategies and Instruments of Legal and Economic Cooperation", in cooperation with Humboldt University.
June 8, 2012. Organisation of the congress “Knowledge, development and protection of intellectual property rights: "indigenous innovation" in China” at the Law School of the University of Bologna.
2012. Organisation of the conference “Un codice per l’età della globalizzazione, riflessioni storico-comparatistiche sul processo di codificazione in Cina” (“A Code for the Era of Globalisation. Historical and Comparative Considerations on Chinese Codification Process”), held at the University of Bologna
November 2011, Organisation at the Law School of the University of Bologna of the international conference “Climate Change in EU China Perspective: the Legal Framework for a Sustainable Global Market”.
November 2009. Organisation at the Law School of the University of Bologna of the colloquium “La seconda fase dello sviluppo cinese: la sfida ambientale” (“The second phase of Environmental development”).
October 2008. Organisation of the Second Annual Conference of the Europe China Law Studies Association, held in Bologna and Turin.
May 2005. Organisation of the conference “Meeting among the Faculties of Law of Bologna and Haifa”, at the Law School of the University of Bologna. Paper on: “Promoting Democracy and Development Abroad: The New Rule of Law Orthodoxy”.
October 2006. Organisation of the International Conference “Rules and Safeguards of Intellectual Property in China”, in the framework of the scientific activities of the “Chinese College” (University of Bologna).
- La difesa di marchi e brevetti in Cina. Percorsi normativi in un sistema in transizione, Torino, Giappichelli, 2014, pp. 164
- Circolazione di modelli e riforme giuridiche: il caso est-asiatico, Bologna, Bonomo editore, 2005, pp. 113
- Il contratto in Cina e Giappone nello specchio dei diritti occidentali, Padova, Cedam, 2004, pp. 391
- Le successioni nel diritto cinese. Evoluzione storica ed assetto attuale, Milano, Giuffrè, 1994, pp. VII-143
Books with cohautors:
- M. Timoteo, Z. Shengli, G. Hongbing, Leading Court Cases on Chinese Intellectual Property, Beijing, Intellectual Property Publishing House, 2011, pp. 85-153.
- Timoteo, Ajani, Serafino, Diritto dell'Asia orientale, in Trattato di diritto privato comparato R. Sacco (ed.), Torino, Utet, pp. 477 (Timoteo: pp. 1-14; 47-105; 215-227; 320-331; 387-393; 437-450)
- Voce “Cina”, in Digesto di Discipline Privatistiche, Sez. Civile, Aggiornamento ***** A-Z, Torino, Utet, 2010, pp.181-238.
- Towards a Smart Development. A Legal and Economic Enquiry into the Perspectives of EU-China Cooperation, Bologna, Bononia University Press, 2016
- Law and sustainable business in China, Bologna, Bononia University Press, 2015
- Marina Timoteo, Wang Canfa, Fei Anling (a cura di), Legislative and Judicial Remedies for Environmental Torts Victims. A study in the framework of EU-China Cooperation, Bologna, Bononia University Press, 2013
- Environmental Law in Action: Eu and China Perspectives, Bologna, BUP, 2012
- Sistema giuridico romanistico e diritto cinese. Regimi e Tutela della proprietà intellettuale in Cina, Roma, Tiellemedia, 2008
- Pozzo B. – Timoteo M. (a cura di), Europa e linguaggi giuridici, Milano, Giuffrè, 2008
Articles and contributions:
- Contemporary Chinese Law: A Linguistic Perspective, in J. Visconti (ed.), Handbook of Communication in the Legal Sphere, Berlin, De Gruiter Mouton, 2018, pp. 402-422.
- "Minfa Zongze". Verso una codificazione civile con caratteri cinesi. in Rivista Trimesrale di diritto e procedura civile, 2018. n. 4, pp. 1417-1435.
- Of Old and New Codes: Chinese Law in the Mirror of Western Laws, in Abbattista (ed.), Law, Justice and Codification in Qing China. European and Chinese Perspectives. Essays in History and Comparative Law, Trieste, Edizioni Università di Trieste (EUT), 2017, pp. 177-192
- Sustainability and Law-Assessing: The New “Green Rules” for Foreign Companies Doing Business in China, in Beretta S., Berkofsky A., Zhang Lihong (eds.), Understanding China Today. An Exploration of Politics, Economics, Society, and International Relations, Cham, Springer International Publishing AG, 2017, pp. 247-259
- Il trasferimento della proprietà immobiliare nel diritto cinese. Questioni di lingua e diritto, in Ugo Mattei, Albina Candian, Barbara Pozzo, Alberto Monti, Carlo Marchetti (a cura di), Un giurista di successo. Studi in onore di Antonio Gambaro, Milano, Giuffrè editore, 2017, pp. 863-875
- L'autonomia negoziale nella giustizia arbitrale cinese, in L'autonomia negoziale nella giustizia arbitrale, Napoli, Edizioni Scientifiche Italiane (ESI), 2016, pp. 57-70
- Legal Transplants and the Chinese Legal Process: the Case of Circulation of the Rules on Civil Liability for Environmental Harm from Europe to China, in Marina Timoteo (ed.), Towards A Smart Development. A Legal and Economic Enquiry into the Perspectives of EU-China Cooperation, Bologna, Bononia University Press, 2016, pp. 145-155.
- Fare cose con gli emblemi. Termini e categorie del nuovo diritto civile cinese, in Michele Graziadei, Barbara Pozzo (a cura di), Categorie e Terminologie del diritto nella prospettiva della comparazione, Milano, Giuffré Editore, 2015, pp. 249-271
- Diritto cinese e diritto ambientale: un itinerario nella giustizia civile, in Sulla via del Catai, 2015, vol. 12, pp. 163-173
- Incentives and Rules of the Game for Foreign Companies Doing Business in China, in Marina Timoteo (a cura di), Law and Sustainable Business in China, 2015, pp. 19-29
- Diritto di proprietà, diritto di uso e circolazione dei beni immobili nel diritto cinese, in Notariato, 2015, vol. 6, pp. 629-633
- Law and language: issues related to legal translation and interpretation of Chinese rules on tortious liability of environmental pollution, in China-EU Law Journal, 2015, vol. 4, pp. 121-133
- Il diritto per immagini. Aspetti del linguaggio giuridico cinese contemporaneo, in Pozzo (a cura di), Lingua e diritto: oltre l'Europa, Giuffré, Milano, 2014, pp. 73-101.
- Marina Timoteo, Zhou Jie, Channelling Foreign Law Models into Domestic Legislation: A First Inquiry on the Making of the Chinese Environmental Protection Law, in Nicola Lupo, Lucia Scaffardi (eds.), Comparative Law in Legislative Drafting. The Increasing Importance of Dialogue Amongst Parliaments, The Hague, Eleven International Publishing, 2014, pp. 285-296
- Marina Timoteo e Wang Lebing, Le classificazioni dei sistemi giuridici dalla prospettiva del nuovo diritto cinese, in Annuario di diritto comparato e studi legislativi, in Annuario di diritto comparato e studi legislativi, n. 1, 2013, pp.223-238
-La circolazione del modello legislativo italiano in Cina , in Lanni-Sirena (a cura di), Il modello – scientifico e legislativo – italiano fuori dell'Europa, Napoli, Edizioni scientifiche italiane (ESI), 2013, pp. 393-404.
- Sustainability of Legal Transplants and Legal Borrowings in Chinese Rules on Environmental Liability: Lessons from Comparative Law, in Marina Timoteo, Wang Canfa, Fei Anling (eds.), Legislative and Judicial Remedies for Environmental Tort Victims. A study in the Framework of EU-China Cooperation, Bologna, Bononia University Press (BUP), 2013, pp. 271-280
-Développement, environnement, droit: quelques tendances récentes en Chine, in Droit de l'environnement, Juillet/Aout 2012, pp. 226-229
- Doing Green Business in China: Some Rules of the Game for Foreign Companies, in Marina Timoteo (ed.), Environmental Law in Action. EU and China Perspectives, Bologna, Bononia University Press (BUP), 2012, pp. 253-258.
- La tutela dei marchi notori, in Mondo Cinese, 2011, pp. 66-74.
- Sviluppo, ambiente, investimenti esteri in Cina: un primo giro d'orizzonte, in Rivista giuridica dell’ambiente, 2010, pp. 891-901
- Vague Notions in Chinese Contract Law: The Case of Heli, in European Review of Private Law, 5-2010, p. 939-951.
- Marriage Law and Ethnic Identity. The Case of Marriage Endogamy in China's Muslim Minoritites, in Pozzo (ed.), Multiculturalism. Different Meanings and Perspectives of Multiculturalism in a Global World, Berne, Staempfli, 2009, pp. 307-315.
- Nozioni vaghe e diritto: Lo standard di Heli nella giurisprudenza cinese in materia di contratti, in Ajani G., Luther J. (a cura di), Modelli giuridici europei nella Cina contemporanea, Napoli, Jovene, 2009, p. 283-300.
- Un paese, due sistemi: il diritto cinese fra Civil Law e Common Law, in Rivista Trimestrale di diritto e procedura civile, n. speciale Due Iceberg a confronto: le derive di common law e civil law, 2009, pp. 91-100.
- Voce “Diritto Cinese”, in Pegoraro L. (a cura di), Glossario di diritto pubblico comparato, Roma, Carocci, 2009, pp. 90-92.
- Il diritto d'uso su fondi per costruzione, in Schipani S., Terracina G. (a cura di), Sistema giuridico romanistico e diritto cinese. Le nuove leggi cinesi e la codificazione. La legge sui diritti reali, Roma, Tiellemedia, 2009, pp. 185-191
- La tutela deidiritti di proprietà industriale nell'ordinamento cinese: rimedi amministrativi e giudiziari, in Orlandi, Lipparini, Polvani, Tunioli (a cura di), La tutela della proprietà industriale in Cina, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2008, pp.127-146.
- Economic Development and Property Rights in China, in Groppi T., Piergigli V., Rinella A. (eds.), Asian Constitutionalism in Transition. A Comparative Perspective, Milano, Giuffré, 2008, pp. 339-349.
- Look Alike in Cina: il caso Ferrero nelle sentenze delle due corti di Tianjin, in Giurisprudenza Commerciale, 2008, fasc. 3, pp. 561-575.
- Le controversie fuori dalle corti: il caso cinese, in Varano (a cura di), L'altra giustizia, Milano, 2007 pp.301-315.
- L'evoluzione della giustizia: verso la normalità?, in Osservatorio Asia (a cura di), Cina: la conoscenza è un fattore di successo, Bologna, 2007, pp. 253-264.
- Cura e commento del titolo II (Della Proprietà), Libro III (Della Proprietà), artt. 832-951, pp. 642-732, del Commentario breve al codice civile, diretto da F. Galgano, La Tribuna, 2006, pp. 642-732.
- Investimenti e commercio estero in Cina: il punto di vista del giurista, in Orlandi-Prodi, A volte producono: Le imprese italiane in Cina, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2006, pp. 241-260.
- Le riforme costituzionali: Cina e Giappone-La riforma del business law in Cina e Giappone- La famiglia fra tradizione e modernità, in Deaglio (a cura di), La bussola del cambiamento. 80 tavole per capire il mondo, Torino, 2005, alle pp. 40, 42,120.
- Autonomia del diritto privato europeo?, in L'uso giurisprudenziale della comparazione giuridica-Quaderni della rivista trimestrale di diritto e procedura civile, Milano, 2004, pp. 95-97.
- Matrimonio e religione nell'ordinamento cinese: il caso delle minoranze islamiche, in Daimon, 2002, n. 2, pp. 235-244.
- The Harmonization of Contract Law and the Role of Comparative Law, in Comparative Law Review, n. 4, 2002, pp. 27–47.
- Il Pacte civil de solidarité: mariage bis o contrat?, in Contratto e Impresa/Europa, 2001, n. 2, pp. 683-705.
- Overview of Chinese Court Decisions on CISG, in Revue de Droit des Affaires Internationales/International Business Law, 1999, n.4, pp. 471-479.
- La costituzione di Equity Joint Ventures in Cina. L'investitore occidentale a confronto con il diritto cinese, in Diritto del commercio internazionale, 1998, 12, pp. 249-268.
- Modelli antichi in leggi moderne: l'adozione in Cina, in Rivista trimestrale di diritto e procedura civile, 1998, pp. 623-632.
- Contratto e tempo. Note a margine di un libro sulla rinegoziazione contrattuale, in Contratto e impresa, 1998, pp. 619-626.
- Desequilibrios contractuales y adecuación del contrato en los Principios Unidroit, in Revista de derecho mercantil, 1998, pp. 1269-1283.
- Note sul processo di riforma del diritto contrattuale in Cina, in Mondo cinese, 1998, n. 98, pp. 11-19.
- Nuove regole in materia di squilibrio contrattuale: l'art. 3.10 dei Principi UNIDROIT, in Contratto e Impresa/Europa, 1997, pp. 141-175.
- La giurisprudenza cinese e i suoi modelli, in Rivista trimestrale di diritto e procedura civile, 1996, pp. 909-915.
- Riforma economica e diritto: la disciplina giuridica dei contratti economici internazionali e domestici, in Mondo cinese, 1995, n. 90, pp. 9-30.
- Family Law in Italy, in C. HAMILTON - K. STANDLEY (eds.), Family Law in Europe, London, Butterworths, 1995, pp. 263-298
- Italy: Some Recent Judicial Interpretations of Family Law, in University of LouisvilleJournal of Family Law, 1995, vol. 33, pp. 409-416.
- Il notariato in Cina, in Rivista del notariato, 1994, n.4, pp. 753-768.
- Il contratto di vendita internazionale di beni mobili dell'ordinamento cinese: profili generali, in Mondo cinese, 1994, n.87, pp. 21-32.
- La nuova legge cinese sul diritto d'autore, in Il diritto d'autore, 1992, n.1, pp. 133-149.
- Il sistema cinese di conciliazione popolare. La giustizia informale in Cina fra tradizione e modernità, in Mondo cinese, 1990, n. 71, p. 37-65.
- L'evoluzione del diritto di famiglia nella Repubblica popolare cinese, in Mondo cinese, 1988, n.63, pp. 31-63.
Congresses and colloquia
2016, November: takes part as a speaker at the conference “Internazionalizzazione degli studi legali: la traduzione giuridica nello spazio globale”, organised at the University of Perugia. Speech on “Diritto, lingua e traduzione giuridica oltre lo spazio europeo” (“Law, Language and Legal Translation beyond Europe”).
2016, February: takes part as a speaker at the workshop “Comparing Legal Languages and creating common/uniform terminologies”, organised at the Law School of the University of Bologna by the LASTJD PhD program. Speech on “Linguistic uncertainties in Contemporary Chinese legislation: some paths of evolution in civil law”.
2015, September: takes part as a speaker at the 10th Annual General Conference of the European China Law Studies Association “New Perspectives on the Development of Law in China”, held at the University of Cologne. Speech on “A Civil Code for the XXI Century China: Comparative Law Perspectives”.
2015, May: takes part as a speaker at the 10th National Conference of the Italian Society of Studies on Civil Law “L’autonomia negoziale nella giustizia arbitrale” (“Authonomy in Arbitration Justice”), organised in Naples. Speech on “L’autonomia negoziale nella giustizia arbitrale in Cina” (“Authonomy in Arbitration Justice in China”).
2015, May: takes part as a speaker at the International conference “Un codice civile per il XXI secolo” (“A Civil Code for XXI Century”), organised at the Law School of the University of Bologna. Speech on “Codificare il diritto civile nel XXI secolo: l’apporto della comparazione” (“Civil Law Codification in XXI century: the role of comparison”).
2014, in March I took part to the 3rd National Congress of the Società Italiana di Ricerche nel Diritto Comparato (SIRD), held in Como on “Categorie e Terminolgia del diritto nella prospettiva della comparazione”, with a paper on “La terminologia e le categorie del diritto civile nella Cina del XXI secolo”.
2013, takes part as speaker at the 10th annual conference of Osservatorio Asia “Asia: dieci anni dopo: X Convegno annuale di Osservatorio Asia” (“Asia: Ten Years Later: X Annual Conference of Ossevatorio Asia”) with a paper titled “La percezione culturale” (“The Cultural Perception”), held in Milan.
2013, takes part at the annual conference of ECLS in Oxford “New Approaches and New Questions in Chinese Law Sustainability of legal transplants: problems of legal translations in shaping” reading a paper on “Chinese rules on liability for environmental pollution”.
2013, takes part at the conference “The remedies for the victims of environmental torts: legislation and justice” with a paper on “Environmental damage and environmental liability: paths of legal transplants between Europe and China” , held in Beijing.
2012, takes part as speaker in the conference “Secondo congresso nazionale della Società Italiana per la Ricerca in Diritto Comparato SIRD” (“Second National Conference of the Italian Society for research in Comparative Law”) with a paper titled “Il modello giuridico –scientifico e legislativo- italiano fuori dall’Europa” (“The Italian Legal Model – Scienfic and Legislative – outside Europe”).
2011, Takes part at the conference “Impresa e diritto- Italia e Cina a confronto” (“Company and Law: Italy and China”) held at the University of Macerata, with a paper on “La tutela dei Diritti della Proprietà Industriale nell?Ordinamento Cinese” (“The Protection of Industrial Property Right in Chinese Legal System”).
2011, takes part at the 6th conference of ECLS in Paris, with an introductory talk on “China’s Environmental Law Today”.
2010, takes part at the 5th annual conference of ECLS in Copenhagen with a paper on “The Giudin cases in the Chinese legal system”.
2010, takes part as speaker in the workshop “Le Facoltà di Giurisprudenza nel processo di Bologna ed oltre” (“Law Schools in Bologna Process and Beyond”), held at the law faculty of the University of Bologna, with a paper on “Prospettive e programmi visti dall’Asia” (“Perspectives and Programmes seen from Asia”).
2009, takes part in the Congress of the Italian Association of Comparative Law “Nuovi temi e tecniche della comparazione giuridica” (“New topics and techniques of Legal Comparison”).
2008, takes part at the annual conference of the Rivista Trimestrale di Diritto e Procedura Civile (Civil Law and Civil Procedure Quarterly).
2008, takes part in the congress on Chinese Law “Costituzione, Amministrazione e Giustizia” (“Construction, Administration and Justice”), organized at the University of Roma 3.
2008, takes part in the Congress “Professione notaio: le prospettive tra Oriente e Occidente nello scenario economico globale” (“The Notary: West and East Perspectives in Economic Global Scenario”), with a paper on “Il notaio in Cina” (“Notary in China”).
2007, takes part in the First Annual Conference of the Europe China Law Studies Association, at the Max Planck Institute (Hamburg), with a paper on “Vague Notions in Chinese Contract Law: The Heli Standard in Court Practice”
2007, takes part in the Roundtable “La difesa della proprietà industriale in Cina. Una strategia per le aziende italiane” (“The Protection of Industrial Property in China. A Strategy for Italian Companies”), organized by Osservatorio Asia, Imola
2007, takes part in the Congress “50 anni di Europa. L’impatto del diritto dell’Unione Europea sullo studio delle discipline giuridiche” (“50 Years of Europe. The Impact of Law of EU on the Study of Law”), organized at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bologna with a paper on “L’impatto del diritto comunitario sul diritto comparato” (“The Impact of EU Law on comparative Law”).
2007, takes part in the International Forum “The Intellectual Life: Professions, Arts, Enterprises in Italy and Abroad”, organized by Praxis-Foundation Intellectual Enterprise, with a paper on “The New Frontier of Knowledge: China as an emerging Key IP Player”.
2006, takes part in the Colloquium for the constitution of the European Association for China Law Studies organized by Lund University (Moelle, Sweden).
2006, takes part in the Congress “Constitution, Administration, and Justice in China”, organized by the University of Roma Tre, with a paper on “Perspectives of Civil Justice in China”.
2005, takes part in the Congress “The Protection of Intellectual Property in China”, organized by the Ravenna Chamber of Commerce, with a paper on “Chinese Law and Intellectual Property”.
2005, takes part in the Congress “China: The Role of Law in the Economic Growth”, organized by the Industrial Association of Verona, with two papers on “Foreign Parties and Chinese Justice: Judicial Proceedings and Arbitral Proceedings” and “IP Rights and Their Protection in Chinese Law”.
2005, takes part in the Congress “India and China: Diversity as Opportunity” organized by Osservatorio Asia, reading a paper on “The Chinese legal system”.
2005, takes part in the Congress “Italy-China: The Bridge of Comparison”, organized by the University of Roma Tre, reading a paper on “The Historical Evolution of Chinese Law: The Sources of Law”.
2004, takes part as a rapporteur in the Round Table on “National Ownership and Transferability of Political, Legal and Economic Institutions in Conflict and Post-Conflict Countries: The Role of the United Nations and Academia”, organized by the School of Development Innovation and Change, University of Bologna.
2003, takes part, as a discussant in the workshop on the project ALI/Unidroit: “Principles and Rules of Transnational Civil Procedure”, organized by the American Law Institute and the University of Bologna.
2002, takes part, as a discussant in the workshop on “Contract Law in China: Tradition and Innovation”, organized by the University of Turin.
2000, takes part in the symposium held at Genova University, Faculty of law, on “The Fiduciary duties of company directors”, with a paper on “Fiduciary duties of Japanese Directors”.
1998, takes part in the workshop “European Integration and China”, organized by the Centre for European Studies of the Peking University (5-17 June 1998), Beijing, with a paper on “The unification of contract law in Europe. The Principles of European Contract Law”.
1995, takes part in the biannual meeting of the Associazione Italiana di Diritto Comparato (Italian Association of Comparative Law), on “The judge-made law in Italy and abroad”, with a paper on “The system of the courts and the judge-made law in China”.