The research activity was developed on different lines:
- study of digital text representation, models for Web
dissemination of textual documents and related images and
implementation in computational systems
- analysis of declarative markup languages
(SGML/XML), related standards (stylesheet XSL-CSS), schemas
and DTD (TEI/EAD/MASTER), metadata (Dublin Core, RDF, MARC,
- electronic archive and digital libraries. Reference model (e.g.
OAIS) and standard for open access (OAI).
- relationships between computer science and philology
- scholarly digital editions
- models for electronic texts in a digital environment
- text retrieval and analysis
- digital systems for historical archive finding aids
- electronic and digital libraries
- metadata and ontologies in Semantic Web