Date of birth: April 17th, 1977
Place of birth: Francavilla Fontana (BR), Italy
Work Address: Laboratory of Immunology, University of Bologna, Dept. of Experimental, Diagnostic and Specialty Medicine (DIMES), Via S. Giacomo 12, 40126 Bologna, Italy.
Tel: +39 051 2094758
Mobile: +39 347 1520866
Email: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
2007: II LEVEL MASTER IN BIOSTATISTICS- University of Bologna, Italy
2006: PhD IN MOLECULAR BIO-PATHOLOGY, (with scholarship) at the Genetics Laboratory, coordinated by Prof. Giovanna de Benedictis, University of Calabria; Project: "Immunoproteasome and mitochondrial DNA in Alzheimer’s disease"
2002: DEGREE in BIOTECHNOLOGY, (full score 110/110), University of Bologna, Italy; Thesis title: "Immunoproteasome: functional analysis of the codon 60 polymorphism of the LMP2 gene and its role in multiple sclerosis"
1996: SCIENTIFIC HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
January 2016- June 2021: RESEARCHER (L.240/10 RTDa (SC: 06 / A2; MED04) at the laboratory of immunology of aging coordinated by Prof. Claudio Franceschi at the Department of Specialized Medicine, Diagnostic and Experimental (DIMES) of the University of Bologna; Tutor: Prof. Stefano Salvioli; Project: Effects of the Mediterranean-type diet on infammaging and underlying cellular mechanisms "
June 2011- December 2015: RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (post-doctorate) at the Laboratory of Immunology of Aging by Prof. Claudio Franceschi of the University of Bologna; European project funds NU-AGE (FP7, grant n ° 266486; 5 years, 9M €; http://www.nu-age.eu/about-project); Role Scientific Manager of the project with the task of supporting the coordinator and coordinating all project activities.
April 2011- May 2011: CONTRACT OF COLLABORATION at the aging immunology laboratory of Prof. C. Franceschi, University of Bologna; Funds: EU project PROTEOMAGE (FP6: Lifescihealth; id.518230; 1 March 2006-31 Aug 2011); Project: Immunoproteasome and proteasome study in human aging and associated diseases. from 01-04-2006 to 04-04-2011
April 2006- March 2011: RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (post-doctorate) at the aging immunology laboratory of Prof. C. Franceschi, University of Bologna; Funds: EU project PROTEOMAGE (FP6: Lifescihealth; id.518230; 1 March 2006-31 Aug 2011); Project: Immunoproteasome and proteasome study in human aging and associated diseases. from 01-04-2006 to 04-04-2011
January 2006 –March 2006: SCHOLARSHIP HOLDER in the aging immunology laboratory of Prof. C. Franceschi of the University of Bologna Fondi: University of Bologna.
November 2002 –October 2005: DOCTORATE (with scholarship) in Molecular Biopathology at the Genetics Laboratory, coordinated by Prof. Giovanna de Benedictis, University of Calabria; Project: "Immunoproteasome and mitochondrial DNA in Alzheimer’s disease"
July 2002-October. 2002: SCHOLARSHIP HOLDER in the aging immunology laboratory of Prof. C. Franceschi of the University of Bologna; Funds: EU project FUNCTIONAGE (FP5-Life Quality-QLK6- CT; Jan 2002-Dec 2004); Project: Study of changes with the age of the immunoproteasome.
From 2002 to date:
NUTRITION AND AGING:
NU-AGE EUROPEAN PROJECT (“New dietary strategies addressing the specific needs of the elderly for healthy aging in Europe”, 5 years: 2011-2016, 9M €, GA: 266486): The main objective of the NU-AGE project is to counteract the chronic state of chronic inflammation typical of aging called "inflammaging" through a Mediterranean-type diet adapted to the nutritional needs of the elderly in order to prevent age-related diseases and promote healthy aging.
As part of the NU-AGE Project I dealt with:
• Diet, inflammation and aging
• Nutritional needs and diets suitable for over 65s
• Mediterranean diet and aging
• Measurement of pro and anti-inflammatory cytokines
• Genetic and epigenetic factors related to nutrition
• Study of intestinal microbiota changes with diet
• Measurement of body composition and changes associated with diet and inflammatory status
I have also been the SCIENTIFIC MANAGER of the project with the following tasks:
• Support to the tasks of the project coordinator
• Coordination of project partners' tasks (30 partners, academies and industries)
• Organization of all project activities
• Organization of annual meetings, work packages and project committees (including the writing of reports and minutes)
• Reporting and reporting activities with the European Commission
• Coordination of the nutritional trial (development of the SOPs, collection of samples and data and creation of the Database)
• Dissemination activities of project activities (participation in national and international conferences, media interviews (TV, newspapers and magazines))
MITOCHONDRIAL DNA IN AGING AND AGE RELATED DISEASES:
- mtDNA rearrangements in human tissues at different age
- mtDNA mutations in human aging
- Association of mtDNA haplogroups and subhaplogroups with Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Accumulation of mtDNA somatic mutations in Alzheimer’s disease affected brains: studies on mtDNA complete sequences.
PROTEASOME AND IMMUNOPROTEASOME IN AGING AND AGE RELATED DISEASES:
Immunoproteasomes in antigen presentation and protein degradation:
- Immunoproteasomes genetic variants involved in the Multiple Sclerosis onset and their immunological mechanism (alterations of MHC class I restricted antigen presentation).
- Expression, activity and cellular localization of Immunoproteasome in Alzheimer’s Disease affected brains.
- Effect of Epstein Barr Virus on aging and immunoproteasomes features: Studies on Lymphoblastoid Cell Lines.
February 2020 to date: RESPONSIBLE OF UNIT (Italian partner): JPI-Project- HDHL INTIMIC METADIS; Project title: EURODIET- Dietary Patterns in the Ageing European Population: an Interdisciplinary Approach to combat Overweight-Related Metabolic Diseases (Project ID 1164); Fund holder: € 91,000
July 2016 to date: RESPONSIBLE OF UNIT: Project: Giovani Ricercatori-Ricerca Finalizzata (GR-2013-02358026); Project Title: Melanopsin retinal ganglion cells and circadian rhythms: function and dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease and aging. Fund holder: € 90,000
Sept 2017- Oct 2018: MEMBER OF THE RESEARCH TEAM: Tender EFSA: Ref. NP/EFSA/GMO/2017/01-Title: Literature review in support of adjuvanticity/immunogenicity assessment of proteins-(September 2017-October 2018; 86K€)
2014-2017: CO-INVESTIGATOR; Sperimentazione n. 14.02.NIHS Codice NPDI n. DUND-100373-Title: Omics for Aging-ProAGE-Sponsored by the Nestlè Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS)-Lausanne-Switzerland
January 2018 to date: MANAGING EDITOR for AGEING RESEARCH REVIEWS (Three-year contract with Elsevier), first magazine in the field of aging (ISSN: 1568-1637; IF 10,390); https://www.journals.elsevier.com/ageing-research-reviews/editorial-board
February 2018 to date: Research Topic Editor for Frontiers in Endocrinology; Research Topic title: "Adipose Tissue: Which Role in Aging and Longevity? ("https://www.frontiersin.org/research-t opics/7863/adipose-tissue-which-role-in- aging-and-longevity)
March 2017 -June 2019: Research Topic Editor for Frontiers in Physiology; Research Topic title: NU AGE: MedDiet for the Health of the Elderly Across Europe: https://www.frontiersin.org/rese arch-topics/6036/nu-age-meddiet-for-the- health-of-the-elderly-across-europe
January 2015 to date: Review Editor for Frontiers in Endocrinology, Section of endocrinology of Aging; https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/end ocrinology/sections/endocrinology-of-agi ng#editorial-board
January 2013-May 2014: Guest Associate Editor for Mechanisms of Ageing and Development; Special issue Title: "Mediterranean Diet and Inflammaging in the elderly The European project NU-AGE "https://www.sciencedirect.com/j ournal/mechanisms-of-ageing-and-developm ent/vol/136-13
MAIN INTERNSHIPS AND TRAINING COURSES
January 2013: VISITING RESEARCHER at German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), Group of Genomic Epidemiology (Group leader, Dr. Federico Canzian), Heidelberg, Germany.
January-March.2010: VISITING RESEARCHER at the Mitochondrial Research Group (prof. D.M. Turnbull), School of Medical Sciences, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK.
June 2007: “3rd course in Statistical Genetic Analysis of Complex Phenotypes”, June 24th-28th 2007, Bertinoro (Italy)
August 2006: “Molecular Biology of Aging” Course (winner of a USA fellowship), Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, Massachussets, USA.
March 2004: VISITING RESEARCH ASSISTANT at the Department of Cellular Biology (prof. G. De Benedictis), University of Calabria, Rende (CS), Italy. Project: “mtDNA haplogroups in aging”.
November-Dec.2002: VISITING RESEARCH ASSISTANT at Department of Biochemistry (prof. AJ Rivett), School of Medical Sciences, Bristol, UK. Project: “Immunoproteasome and its changing during aging”.
2003-2013: LABORATORY ASSISTANT for the “molecular and cellular immunology” course, Biotechnology, University of Bologna.
2006-2009: LECTURE TO BIOTECHNOLOGY STUDENTS on “mtDNA resequencing and analysis with SeqScape v 2.1 software”, University of Bologna.
2005-2015: SUPERVISOR of 11 degree thesis for Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biology and Chemical and Pharmaceutical technology courses at University of Bologna.
2012 Oct 30 LECTURE “Genetica dell’invecchiamento e DNA mitocondriale” for the students of the “Scuola di Specialità in Geriatria e Gerontologia” University of Florence
2013 Nov 12 LECTURE “Genetica nucleare e mitocondriale della longevità” for the students of the “Scuola di Specialità in Geriatria e Gerontologia” University of Florence
2012-2015: SUPERVISOR of a student (Dr.ssa Biondi Fiammetta) of the doctorate of Oncology and Experimental Pathology of the University of Bologna. Tutor Prof. Stefano Salvioli; Title of the doctoral thesis: "Mitochondrial DNA rearrangements during human aging: a study on liver, muscle and adipose tissue"
2016 April 19th: LECTURE “I risultati di ricerca secondo la variabile di genere nel progetto 7PQ “NU-AG”” at IRT ALMA Gender at University of Bologna, Italy
2017-to date: SUPERVISOR SUPERVISOR of a student (Dr.ssa Giulia Guidarelli) of the doctorate of Oncology and Experimental Pathology of the University of Bologna. Tutor Prof. Stefano Salvioli; Title of the PhD project: "Analysis of health status, inflammatory parameters and body composition before and after the nutritional intervention performed within the European project NU-AGE"
2017 Nov 11th LECTURE on “Progetto Nu-Age anti invecchiamento” for the “High Education course: “Prevenzione e Sani stili di vita: Lifestyle Trainer” for AlmaTu srl Bologna
2017 Nov EXTERNAL EVALUATOR (revision of nine doctoral projects) for the EU-funded doctoral programme Newbreed, theme “biology of Aging” at University of Orebro, Sweden
2019 Dec EXTERNAL EVALUATOR (revision of 1 project for the Polish Roadmap for Research Infrastructures (PRRI)) for the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Department of Innovation and Development), Warsaw, Poland
2016-2018: MEMBER OF EXPERTS GROUP: ILSI EUROPE: Member of the Nutrient Intake Optimization Expert Group on “Contribution of Dietary Supplements, Food and Food Nutrient Dense Fortification to the Micronutrient Intake and Status of the Elderly Phase 2” (http://ilsi.eu/task -forces / food-safety / nutrient-intake-optimization / [http://ilsi.eu/task%20-forces%20/%20food-safety%20/%20nutrient-intake-optimization%20/] )
2016-2018: MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE for the creation of the "Wellness Passport" (http://www.esseduea.com/passaporto-del-benessere/): a health monitoring system developed by the University of Bologna, the University of Ferrara, the IRST of Meldola and the company S2A. Role: consulting, development and review of measured parameters.
2016: MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE in prepapation of the International Conference on “Mediterranean Diet and Health: a lifelong approach”
2013-2016: EUROPEAN COMMISSION: European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP-AHA)- A3 Action group on Frailty and Functional decline-Role: Member of the partnership on behalf of the EU project NU-AGE
MEETING AND CONGRESSES
- ROTARY CLUB-Nutrizione e Longevità: “La dieta mediterranea come strategia di prevenzione per l’infiammazione e le malattie età-correlate” (Oral presentation); 17 Janury 2020, Forlimpopoli (FC), Italy
- HEALTHY LIFE AND LONGEVITY- “The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Longevity” (Oral presentation and discussant); 2 December 2019, Telaviv, Israel
- MARABOU SYMPOSIUM “Nutrition and Stem Cell Integrity in Ageing” (Discussant); 14-16 June 2019, Stockholm, Sweden
- COSMOPHARMA-nutraceuticals conference: “Dieta e invecchiamento fisico e mentale: il progetto NU-AGE” (oral presentation); 20-22 April 2018, Bologna, Italy
- SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE FOOD FOR HEALTHY AGEING BENEFITS BEYOND BASIC NUTRITION-www.Food4HealthyAgeing.org:” The impact of a tailored Mediterranean diet on inflammation and body composition in elderly” (oral presentation); 23-25 October 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- FORUM DELLA LEOPOLDA session on Alimentazione e Nutraceutica: “Alimentazione, microbiota intestinale e longevità (oral presentation); 30 September 2017, Florence, Italy
- SANA ACADEMY session on Microbiota Intestinale: evoluzione e interazione con la nutrizione, dal concepimento agli ultracentenari: “Longevità e Microbioma” (oral presentation); 9 September 2017, Bologna, Italy
- 38° CONGRESSO DELLA SOCIETÀ ITALIANA DI MEDICINA ESTETICA (SIME): “The Mediterranean Diet as a Healthy aging strategy: the results of the NU-AGE project”; (oral presentation); 13 May 2017, Rome, Italy
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MEDITERRANEAN DIET AND HEALTH: A LIFELONG APPROACH: “The impact of MedDiet on body Composition and Inflammation” (oral presentation); 30 March-1 April 2017, Ostuni (BR), Italy
- NU-AGE PUBLICATION PLAN MEETING: “Preliminary analysis on Body composition data”(oral presentations and chairman), 12-13 January 2017, Bologna, Italy
- THE NESTLÈ INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (NIHS): “The NU-AGE Project: Study Design and key findings” (oral presentation); 23 November 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland
- DOREMI ORCHESTRATES HEALTHY AGEING IN EUROPE (Final Conference of the DOREMI EU project): “The one year NU-AGE nutritional trial: compliance and changes in dietary intake among older people in five EU countries” (oral presentation); 25 October 2016, Bruxelles, Belgium
- MICROBIOMA INTESTINALE: L’ORGANO NASCOSTO, FISIOPATOLOGIA E GENERE- “Longevità e Microbioma” (oral presentation); 17 September 2016, Ferrara, Italy
- SANA WORKSHOP: accrescere l’aspettativa di vita in salute: concetti di base, meccanismi sottostanti ed il ruolo della dieta e degli stili di vita”Biologia di base dell’invecchiamento /Cosa ci può dire la biologia comparata sull’aspettativa di salute – Il ruolo del digiuno” (oral presentation); 12 September 2016, Bologna, Italy
- SANA ACADEMY: “la dieta mediterranea come strategia nutrizionale per stare in salute a tutte le età e vivere a lungo" (oral presentation); 10 September 2016, Bologna, Italy; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CpoHxV7nUI ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlYWZ8JWks
- NU-AGE PROJECT FINAL MEETING: “Summary of the fifth year activities and objectives for the final report” and “Beyond NU-AGE: discussion and decisions on exploitation of NU-AGE results and future developments”(oral presentations and chairman), 6 April 2016, Bruxelles, Belgium
- NU-AGE FINAL CONFERENCE-MEDITERRANEAN DIET TO COMBAT AGEING IN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES: “Telomeres length on NU-AGE volunteers before and after diet” and “Proteasome and immunoproteasome function and composition after the NU-AGE diet”(oral presentations and chairman), 5 April 2016, Bruxelles, Belgium
- LAW & FOOD SAFETY congresso Interdisciplinare sulla sicurezza alimentare:”La dieta Mediterranea ed il progetto NU-AGE” (oral presentation); 3 December 2015, Ravenna, Italy;
- NU-AGE 4th YEAR MEETING: “Summary of the fourth year activities and objectives for the last year” (oral presentation), 3-4 September 2015, Cork, Ireland
- EXPO 2015-“Dietary strategies for a healthy Ageing via EU-funded R&D workshop”: “Nutrition is critical for healthy aging: the EU project NU-AGE” (oral presentation); 18 May 2015, Pavillon Europe, EXPO, Milan, Italy; http://ec.europa.eu/research/conferences/2015/expo2015/pdf/agenda-healthy-ageing.pdf
- NU-AGE 3rd YEAR MEETING: “Summary of the third year activities and future objectives” (oral presentation), 8-10 October 2014, Spetses island, Greece
- II CONGRESSO di OSTEOPOROSI IN GERIATRIA, L’ORTOGERIATRIA:”Inflammaging e fragilità” (oral presentation); 5-6 June 2014, Rome, Italy
- SFRR-EUROPE 2013 CONFERENCE: The new era of omics in free radicals biology and Medicine- “The Aging og human liver: an inflammaging perspective targeted to mitochondria and oxidative stress” (oral presentation and chairman); 23-25 September 2013, Athens, Greece
- NU-AGE 2nd YEAR MEETING: “summary of the second year activities and future objectives” and “WP6-data Management and Systems Biology” (oral presentations), 20-21 September 2013, Granada, Spain
- GORDON RESEARCH SEMINAR: OXIDATIVE STRESS & DISEASE “Mitochondrial dysfunction in the aging of human liver” (poster presentation); 13-14 April 2013, Les Diablerets, Switzerland
- 7th TASTE –NUTRITION-HEALTH INTERNATIONAL VITAGORA CONGRESS: “The EU project NU-AGE: New dietary strategies addressing the specific needs of elderly population for an healthy ageing in Europe” (oral presentation), 20-21 March 2012, Dijon, France
- “NU-AGE 1st YEAR MEETING: “summary of the first year activities and future objectives” (oral presentation), 7-8 March 2012, Clermont-Ferrand, France
- EU platform on Diet, physical activity and Health: “NU-AGE: New dietary strategies addressing the specific needs of elderly population for an healthy ageing in Europe” (oral presentation), 9 February 2012, Bruxelles, Belgium
- FESTIVAL DELLA SCIENZA “Invecchiare in salute mangiando bene, la sfida del progetto NU-AGE” (oral presentation), 30 October 2011, Genova, Italy
- SIP young scientists navigating the road to a successful career in pathology research: “Mitochondrial disfunction in human aged liver” (oral presentation) 24-25 October 2011, Bologna, Italy
- Final Annual Meeting of Proteomage: “Studies on proteasome activity and composition in human liver during aging”(oral presentation), 8-10 June 2011, Budapest, Hungary
- “NU-AGE kick off meeting: “The scientific constraints: the agenda of Deliverables and Milestones of the NU-AGE project” (oral presentation), 5-6 May 2011, Bologna, Italy
- “Bologna Mitochondrial Day 2010: Mitochondria and mitochondrial DNA in Health and Disease”, “Mitochondrial DNA sub-haplogroups in Alzheimer’s Disease” (oral presentation), November 3th 2010, Bologna, Italy
- “Twentieth Meeting of the European Neurological Society”, “Sub-haplogroup H5 of mitochondrial DNA is a risk factor for late onset Alzheimer’s Disease” (oral presentation), 19-23 June 2010, Berlin, Germany
- “III Conference on: “The contribute of Alzheimer’s Disease Evaluation Units in the care of patients affected by dementia”, “Mitochondrial DNA variants and Alzheimer’s Disease” (oral presentation), October 26th 2009, Rome Italy
- “MiMage Conference: Mitochondria in Ageing and Age-Related Disease”, “Association of mtDNA subhaplogroup with the sporadic form of Alzheimer’s Disease” (poster presentation), September 26-30, 2009 Les Diablerets, Switzerland.
- “International Symposium on Mitochondrial Physiology and Pathology IUBMB Symposium S1/2008”, “Association of mtDNA subhaplogroups and accumulation of somatic mutations in Alzheimer's Disease” (selected oral presentation and poster presentation), June 22–26, 2008, Bari, Italy
- Lecture: “mtDNA variability in Alzheimer’s Disease”, (oral presentation), May, 16th, 2008; University “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy
- Lecture: “mtDNA variability in Alzheimer’s Disease”, (oral presentation), Febr. 18th, 2008; IRCCS: S. Giovanni di Dio Center, Brescia, Italy
- “2nd National Congress on New perspectives in mitochondrial medicine”, “mtDNA haplogroups in Alzheimer’s Disease affected subjects” (oral presentation), 18-20 Oct, 2007. Bologna, Italy
- “New acquisitions in Alzheiner’s Disease Neurobiology: new experiences for an early diagnosis and therapy ”, “ Proteasome and mtDNA role in Alzheimer’s Disease pathogenesis” (oral presentation), Oct. 28th, 2006, Milan, Italy
- “Innovative aspects of neurological rehabilitation: Bioethics implications”, “Sporadic Alzheimer’s Disease: Immunoproteasome and mtDNA involvement”, (oral presentation), 14-15 Sept., 2006; IRCCS: S. Camillo Hospital, Venice, Italy
- ICAD: “THE 10TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE AND RELATED DISORDERS”, “mtDNA inherited and somatic variability in Alzheimer's Disease” (poster presentation), 15-20 July 2006, Madrid, Spain.
- Lecture: “Alzheimer’s Disease biological complexity: studies on Inflammation, Proteasome, and mtDNA”, (oral presentation), Febr. 20th, 2006; IRCCS: S. Giovanni di Dio Center, Brescia, Italy
- “2nd Day of Genetic Medicine” “mtDNA hereditary and somatic variability in Alzheimer’s Disease” (oral presentation), Nov 29th, 2005, Bologna, Italy
- “GEHA: Genetic of Healthy Aging Annual Meeting” “New methods for mtDNA Resequencing” (oral presentation), 6-9 July, 2005, Bologna, Italy
- “Alla Scoperta del Mitocondrio” 23-25 May, 2005, Bologna, Italy
- “Molecular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration” “Immunoproteasome and LMP2 codon 60 polymorphism in aged and Alzheimer’s disease brain” (poster presentation), 7-10 May 2005, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
- “Sixth International Workshop on Proteasomes” “Immunoproteasome and LMP2 codon 60 polymorphism in aged and Alzheimer’s disease brain” (poster presentation), 24-26 April 2005, Maison Des Congres, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- “European Challenge for Healthy Ageing: Final meeting”, 18 December 2004 Gizzeria, (CS), Italy
- “3rd Researchers seminar 2004“. 3 December 2004, CRBA, Bologna
- “GEHA Genetics Meeting” 22-23 October 2004, Bologna, Italy.
- “GEHA meeting on Blood Sampling” 25 September 2004, CIG, Bologna, Italy
- 59th Harden/EMBO conference: The Ubiquitin-Proteasome system in health and disease. “Immunoproteasome and LMP2 codon 60 polymorphism in aged and Alzheimer’s disease brain” (poster presentation), 6-10 September 2004, RAC, Cirencester, UK,
- “Kickoff GEHA meeting”, 24-27 May 2004, Bertinoro (FC), Italy
- Biochemical Society Meeting:” Biochemical Aspects of Health and Disease”, December 2002, Imperial college, London, UK
- 2019: Franceschi, Claudio, SANTORO, AURELIA (2019). Impact of Nutrition on Adult Vaccination Efficacy. In: Adult Vaccinations, Changing the Immunization Paradigm. vol. 62, p. 31-35, ISBN: 978-3-658-13161-6, San Servolo, Venezia, Italia, 24/05/2017, doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-05159-4_6
- 2012: Biondi F, Santoro A, Ballesteros Alvarez J, Olivieri F, Lazzarini R, Bellavista E, Vasuri F, Capizzi E, Mishto M, Lanzarini C, Capri M, Salvioli S, Cescon M, Grigioni WF, D’Errico-Grigioni A, Procopio A, Grazi GL, Franceschi C; Mitochondrial DNA Rearrangements during Human Liver Aging; SFRR-E / IUBMB Summer School 24-30 September 2012, Spetses, Greece
- 2012 Poster: Conte M, Bellavista E, Trisolino G, Martucci E, Vasuri E, Degiovanni A, D’Errico.Grigioni A, Clima R, Santoro A, A.B. Maier, Salvioli S, Franceschi C: Plin2 expression in human skeletal muscle is associated with inactivity and aging. 41st European muscle Conference 2012 1-5 September 2012 Rhodes, Greece; J. of Muscle Research and cell Motility, Vol.33 3-4 2012
- 2012 Poster and Abstract: Andreoli F, Parenti MD, Biondi F, Bulteau AL, Santoro A, Bouillaud F, Friguet B, Franceschi C, Del Rio A: Targeting mitochondrial protein turnover: structure-based drug design approaches on lon protease; Interfacing Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery , 48th International Conference on Medicinal Chemistry - (RICT 2012), Poitiers, France - July 4-6, 2012
- 2011 Capri M, Olivieri F, Remondini D, Lanzarini C, Lazzarini R, Bellavista E, Martucci M, Santoro A, Biondi F, Ballesteros Alvarez J, Tenedini E, Tagliafico E, Vasuri F, D’Errico-Grigioni A, Dazzi A, Pellegrini S, Castellani G, Procopio A, Cescon M, Grazi GL, Franceschi C; ORGAN-SpeCIFIC BIOMARKERS OF HUMAN aging: the case of liver; SYSBIOHEALTH SYMPOSIUM 14-15 December 2011, Bologna, Italy
- 2011: Absract_1 Santoro A, Ballesteros Alvarez J, Biondi F, Olivieri F, Lazzarini C, Bellavista E, Vasuri F, Capizzi E, Mishto M, Lanzarini C, Capri M, Salvioli S, Cescon M, Grigioni WF, D’Errico-Grigioni A, Procopio A, Grazi GL, Franceschi C. Mitochondrial dysfunction in human aged liver Abstract_2 Bellavista E, Martucci M, Vasuri F, Capizzi E, Santoro A, Mishto M, Lanzarini C, Remondini D, Capri M, Salvioli S, Cescon M, Grigioni WF, D’Errico-Grigioni A, Grazi GL, Franceschi C, Proteasome and immunoproteasome in human liver: from fetus to advanced age. SIP Young Scientists Two: Navigating the Road to a Successful Career in Pathology Research, Bologna 24-25 October 2011
- 2011 Abstract Liver aging in transplantation: future perspective on donor-recipient age-mismatch, The 2011 joint international congress of ilts, elita, & licage valencia june 2011
- 2008: SANTORO A, E. Balducci F. Rosini F. Tavano A. Achilli, Et Al (2008). Association of mtDNA subhaplogroups and accumulation of somatic mutations in Alzheimer's Disease. In: International Symposium on Mitochondrial Physiology and Pathology IUBMB Symposium S1/2008. 22-26 June 2008
- 2007 Poster_1: Bellavista E, Mishto M, Santoro A, Session R, Franceschi C: “Immunoproteasome in Macaca fascicularis: no age-dependent modification of abundance and activity in brain and insight into a structural model in this species”.
- 2007 Poster_2: Mishto M, Zaikin A, Luciani F, Bellavista E, Santoro A, Textoris-Taube K, Kloetzel PM, Franceschi C: “Proteamalg: a new tool for in vitro digestion assay performed by 20S proteasomes and PA28alfa-beta”The Function of the Proteasome System in MHC Class I Antigen Processing, Zeuter See, Teiko University, Berlin Germany, 3th Charitè Zeuthener See Workshop, 20-23 April 2007
- 2006: Mishto, M, SANTORO A, Bellavista, E, Sessions, R, Textoris-Taube, K, Dal Piaz, F, Carrard, G, Forti, K, Salvioli, S, Friguet, B, Kloetzel, P.M, Rivett, A.J. And Franceschi, C (2006). A structural model of a LMP2 polymorphism, studied in Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases: expression, activity, intracellular localization and insight into the regulatory mechanisms of 20S immunoproteasome. In: Alzheimer's and Dementia" the Journal of the Alzheimer's association. Madrid, 15-20 July 2006, vol. 2, ST. LOUIS:Elsevier
- 2006: S. Salvioli, M. Capri, D. Monti, A. SANTORO, C. Barbi, C. Franceschi (2006). Are Mitochondria a key step to longevity? Studies on Centenarians. In: LVMH Recherche Symposium on mitochondria. BIOSCIENCE REPORTS, vol. 26, p. 198-201, ISSN: 0144-8463, Paris, October 6th 2005
- 2006: SANTORO A, Elisa Balducci, Francesca Rosini, Alberto Montesanto, Stefano Salvioli, Giuseppina Rose, Elena Bellavista, Michele Mishto, Elena Bonora, Giuseppe Gasparre, Andrea Chiamenti, Giovanna De Benedictis, Giovanni Romeo, Carlo Gabelli, Tilman Grune, Gaetano Crepaldi And Claudio Franceschi (2006). mtDNA inherited and somatic variability in Alzheimer’s disease. In: Alzheimer's Association 10th International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders. Madrid, 15-20 July 2006, vol. 2, p. S196-S197, ST. LOUIS:Elsevier
- 2005: Raule N, Salvioli S, Santoro A, Rose G, Liu B, Harvonen A, Majamaa K, Passarono G, Franceschi C, De Benedictis G, on behalf of GEHA project. Human Longevity: investigating the role of mitochondrial DNA variability. Mitochondria and Life, December 14-17, 2005, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2004: Mishto M, Bellavista E, Santoro A, Stolzing A, Ligorio C, Nacmias B, Spazzafumo L, Chiappelli M, Licastro F, Sorbi S, Pession A, Ohm T, Grune T and Franceschi C: “Immunoproteasome and LMP2 codon 60 polymorphism in aged and Alzheimer’s disease brain”. 4th European Congress of Biogerontology:. 7-10 Nov. 2004, New Castle Upon Tyne, UK.
TOOLS AND CONSULTATIONS
2019: EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) EXTERNAL SCIENTIFIC REPORT, Parenti MD, Santoro A, Del Rio A, Franceschi C “Literature review in support of adjuvanticity/immunogenicity assessment of proteins” APPROVED: 10 January 2019; EFSA Supporting publication 2019:EN-1551; ISSN: 2397-8325; doi:10.2903/sp.efsa.2019.EN-1551; www.efsa.europa.eu/publications
2016-2018: PARTICIPATION IN THE "S2A lifestyle" APPLICATION CREATION
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.onit.servizisanita.s2a) in collaboration with the company S2A. The application provides intervention strategies in both nutritional and physical activity fields based on guidelines developed by the Scientific Committee of S2A.
2016-2018: MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE for the creation of the "Wellness Passport" (http://www.esseduea.com/passaporto-del-benessere/): a health monitoring system developed by the University of Bologna, the University of Ferrara and the S2A company. Role: consulting, development and review of measured parameters.
2008: Bonora E, Gasparre G, Santoro A. Application Note mitoSEQrTM Resequencing System (Applied Biosystem): “Reliable Resequencing of Human Mitochondrial Genome to identify Mutations Linked to Mitochondrial related Diseases”, Innovations (Applied Biosystems) Issue July 2008.
- Claudio Franceschi, Miriam Capri, Paolo Garagnani, Rita Ostan, AURELIA SANTORO, Daniela Monti, Stefano Salvioli; Inflammaging in “Handbook of Immunosenescence: Basic Understanding and Clinical Implications”; 1-31 Springer International Publishing-Switzerland, 2019
- M. Capri, F. Olivieri, D. Remondini, C. Lanzarini, R. Lazzarini, E. Bellavista, M. Martucci, A. Santoro, F. Biondi, E. Tenedini, E. Tagliafico, F. Vasuri, A. D’Errico, A. Dazzi, S. Pellegrini, G. Castellani, A. Procopio, M. Cescon, GL. Grazi, C. Franceschi (2011). ORGAN-SPECIFIC BIOMARKERS OF HUMAN AGING: THE CASE OF LIVER. In: (a cura di): EDITED BY GASTONE CASTELLANI CLAUDIO FRANCESCHI LUCIANO MILANESI AND DANIEL REMONDINI, Sysbiohealth Symposium 2011. p. 31-33, BOLOGNA:Bononia University Press
- Mishto M., Luciani F., Holzhütter H.G., Bellavista E., Santoro A., Textoris-Taube K., Kloetzel P.M., Zaikin A. and Franceschi C. (2008): ProteaMAlg: a Proteasome Modelling Algorithm to address the complexity of intracellular protein degradation kinetics. Biocomplexity at the cutting edge of Physics, System Biology and Humanities. Bononia University Press 1, 155-167.
(Web of science
: Citazioni: 1353, H-index 27; Scopus:
Citazioni 1840, H-index 25; Google scholar
: Citazioni: 2658; H-index: 31)