Dr. Balboni conducts research activity using classical virology methods, serology and molecular biology, with particular regard to the evolutionary study of infectious agents and to the development of direct and indirect diagnosis techniques (traditional and fast) of infectious diseases of animals.
The research activity is focused on the main infectious agents of companion animals and livestock:
- Feline and canine parvovirus (FPV and CPV)
- Feline and bats coronavirus (FCoV and Bat-CoV)
- Canine and feline herpesvirus (CHV and FHV)
- Canine adenovirus (CAdV) types 1 and 2
- Canine circovirus (CanineCV)
- Feline calicivirus (FCV)
- Canine Distemper Virus (CDV)
- Bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV)
- Chlamydia spp.
- Leptospira spp.
- Leishmania infantum