I am an Associate Professor at the Giovanni Maria Bertin Department of Education Studies of the University of Bologna. Academic field: M-PED/02 – History of Pedagogy and Children's Literature.
My pedagogical researches are on:
- Educational Professionalism and Pedagogy of Storytelling.
- The narrative genres for children (mystery, fantasy, horror, adventure, science fiction, etc.).
- The relationship among narratives for children, science, technology, and ecology.
- Myth and childhood.
- Publishing, graphics, and illustrations for children.
- Fairies, sprites and elves as an opportunity for narrative, historical traces, signs of imagination, and pedagogical metaphors.
- Educational theories, teaching ideas and publications for children arising between the late 19th and early 20th centuries.Analysis of the influence exerted by these complex networks on the contemporary cultural context, with particular regard to pedagogy and children's literature.
I am a member (2013-present) of the Ellen Key International Research Network (EKIR), a part of the Ellen Key Institute, Ödeshög, Sweden.
Go to the Curriculum vitae