His main research interests concern the following aspects of
- the historical and linguistic reconstruction of specific
grammatical features, including studies on the sentence formation,
on tenses and passive diathesis;
- the study of contemporary language as well as Italian Languages
for Specific Purposes, in particular legal, administrative,
technical and scientific languages;
- teaching Italian, with particular emphasis on the aspects of
the history of the educational thought, grammar and writing skills'
- the Italian language in translated texts;
- contemporary poetic language, in particular the Swiss poetry in
- the linguistic research of Bruno Migliorini.
These fields are characterised by the integration of the
traditional methodological tools adopted by the Italian Linguistics
and History of the Italian language with those provided by Corpus
Linguistics, Lexical Statistics and research on the field.