My research focuses on:
1) Physiology of hibernation: My work try to understand the neuronal control of hibernation, the physiological adaptation and to develop a technology to induce hibernation in non-hibernation
2) Physiology of the sleep-wake cycle: my work focuses on the central regulation of the sleep wake cycle and and on the physiological changes induced by sleep, especially during REM sleep
3) Physiology of thermoregulation: my work is aimed at understanding how the central nervous system regulates body temperature
4) Autonomic Neuroscience. My work focuses on how the central nervous system controls our vital organs.
5) Neuroethics: I'm interested in the ethical status of peculiar state of consciousness such as REM sleep, and in the ethical aspect of human hibernation.
6) Epistemology: I'm interested in investigating the role of Robustenss in neuroscience, in particular applied to the description of psychiatric conditions.