- Feb. 5, 2004: Ph.D. in Computational Mathematics (no grades are provided in Italy), University of Padua
- Nov. 17, 2000: Master Degree in Mathematics (summa cum laude), University of Bologna
- Sept. 17, 2018 - : Associate Professor in Numerical Analysis, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Bologna
- Oct. 1, 2014 - Sept. 16, 2018: Associate Professor in Numerical Analysis, Dept. of Mathematics and its Applications, University of Milan-Bicocca
- May 1, 2007 - Sept. 30, 2014: Researcher/Assistant Professor in Numerical Analysis, Dept. of Mathematics and its Applications, University of Milan-Bicocca
- Nov. 3, 2003 - Apr. 30, 2007: Postdoctoral Fellow in Numerical Analysis, Dept. of Mathematics, University of Bologna
- June-Sept. 2002: Research Associate in the EU-Network MINGLE (Multiresolution in Geometric Modelling), University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
The research activities of L.R. mainly deal with approximation theory, its interactions with numerical linear algebra and its applications in the fields of computer aided design and image processing.
L.R. is author of 50 scientific publications in international journals. She participated in numerous national and international conferences as invited or plenary speaker. Moreover, she was member of the organizing committee of international workshops and co-organizer of minisymposia during international conferences.
Since 2008 L.R. has supervised six PhD theses in Computational Mathematics, 12 Master's theses in Mathematics and 12 Bachelor's theses in Mathematics.
Since the 35th cycle L.R. is a member of the doctoral school in "Computer Science and Mathematics of Computation" at the University of Insubria.
From the 31st to the 34th cycle L.R. was a member of the doctoral school in "Mathematics" of the Universities of Pavia and Milano Bicocca, and INdAM.
During the 29th and 30th cycles L.R. was a member of the doctoral school in "Pure and Applied Mathematics" of the University of Milan-Bicocca.
In 2011 and 2013 L.R. has been a member of the evaluation committee of two doctoral theses at École doctorale Sciences pour l'Ingénieur - Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut Cambrésis (France). In 2019 she was a member of the Evaluation Committee of a doctoral thesis at the EPFL in Lausanne.
L.R. has spent many long-term invited research visits at European and international Universities / Research Centers: University of Cambridge - UK (3 months), Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut Cambrésis - France (3 visits of 1 month each), INSA Rouen - France (1 month), ICTP Havana - Cuba (2 visits of 1 month each).
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Elsevier (2019 - ) [Principal Editor]
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Elsevier (2008 - 2018) [Advisory Editor]
- Computer Aided Geometric Design, Elsevier (2016 - ) [Associate Editor]
- Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Elsevier (2012 and 2018) [Guest Editor]
Since 2008 L.R. is referee for more than 20 international journals and since 2015 she is also reviewer for Mathematical Reviews (AMS).
In 2014 L.R. gave an advanced course for the PhD School of the University of Insubria, Como.
From a.y. 2007/08 to a.y. 2017/18 L.R. gave elementary and advanced courses to the First Level (Bachelor's) Degree and Second Level (Master's) Degree students in Mathematics.
Since a.y. 2018/19 L.R. gives courses at the Engineering School of the University of Bologna - Campus of Forlì and Cesena.