1) Integration of geomatic techniques for Cultural Heritage
surveying and representation: research about related problems and
new potentialities for 3D surveying and modelling.
2) Development of methods for the use of high and
medium-resolution satellite imagery for environmental applications (land use/cover, change detection, desertification, agricolture, water and marine resources, urban development, archaeology) and in damage mapping after natural
and human induced disasters (floodings, earthquakes, landslides, ...).
3) Subsidence monitoring by integrated terrestrial (high precision leveling) and spatial (GPS, radar interferometric analysis) techniques on large areas, urban centers, single buildings.
4) Thermal surveys (airborne and satellite) for urban applications
5) Digital processing of historical cartography in support of
territorial analysis. Archival Photogrammetry, airborne and terrestrial.
6) Geomatics applications for researches in Antarctica
(Geodesy: deformation monitoring, Glaciology: glacier mapping by
remote sensing in the framework of Global Change studies).
7) Methods and techniques for generation and validation of terrain and
surface models (DTM, DSM).