Associate Professor in Pharmacology at the University of Bologna since October 2018, he carries out his research in the field of pharmacoepidemiology and the study of the safety profiles of drugs and vaccines on the market.
University and postgraduate education
- Degree in Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Bologna
(1992 - 1997) University of Bologna, October 8, 1997 - Vote 110/110
- Specialization in Hospital Pharmacy, Universityof Bologna, July
18, 2001 Vote: 70/70 cum laude.
- PhD in Pharmacology and Toxicology (XVIII), University of
Bologna, April 3, 2006.
- National Scientific Qualification in Farmacology, (05/G1
– Associate Professor).
Previous and current jobs
Other professional activities
- Military service as a Lieutenant (pharmacist) and task in the
"Command of the health and veterinary service, South Military
Region – Naples”, assigned to the Pharmaceutical Section from 4
August 1998 to 14 July 1999 (subject to national competition for
the 128 ° Cadet course – Military Body Health, 1st prize at the
- Fellowship in Pharmacoepidemiology at the Regional Center for
Evaluation and Information on Drugs - Department of Pharmacology,
University of Bologna (from May 2000 to May 2006), Supervisor:
Professor Nicola Montanaro.
- Research fellowship for collaborative activities in the
research project "Construction and testing of indicators of quality
of prescription", Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna
(from May 2, 2006 to April 7, 2010).
- Permanent employment (as a result from national public
competition) at the Local Health Authority of Imola (Bologna,
Italy) as Hospital Pharmacist (from 8 April 2010 to 22 December
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacology at the School of Medicine
of the University of Bologna from 23 December 2011.
- Member of the editorial board of the quarterly newsletter
"FOCUS Pharmacovigilance" (ISDB) (from may 2001 to june 2008 and
from may 2012 to date), (http://www.farmacovigilanza.eu/node/50).
- Member of the "Subcommittee for European Procedures” at the
Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) from september 2004 to October
- Consultant for the Independent Ethics Committee of the
University Hospital of Bologna (S. Orsola-Malpighi) for the period
July 2013 - December 2017.
- Member of the Clinical Pharmacology Committee of the Italian Society of Pharmacology (from October 2017).
- Member of the Local Scientific Committee of the 38th National SIF Congress, Rimini, October 25-28, 2017.
For the institutional teaching activity, see the section Course
- Teacher of the educational module (30 hours) entitled
"Prescription, reimbursement and pricing of drugs" at the
Professional Master "Drug Evaluation and pharmacoepidemiology"
(Director: Prof. Nicola Montanaro), University of Bologna from 2006
- Teacher of Pharmacology (15 hours) at the Professional Master
"Nursing management for coordination tasks" (Villa Maria Hospital,
Ravenna), Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome from 2009
- Teaching collaboration from 2002 in several courses of
pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Bologna
- Teacher of seminars entitled "Pharmacovigilance" at the School
of Specialization in Hospital Pharmacy, University of Bologna (from
2003 to 2008).
Referee for the following scientific Journals
Advances in therapy, Annals of Biometrics & Biostatistics, BioDrugs, BMC Health Services Research, BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology, BMC Infectious Diseases, BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology, British Medical Journal (BMJ), British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, Chemical Research in Toxicology, Clinical Drug investigation, Clinical research and regulatory affairs, Current Drug Safety, Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ), CMAJ Open, Clinical Drug Investigation, Drug Safety, Drugs - Real World Outcomes, European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, Immunotherapy, Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Pediatric drugs, Springer Plus, Thorax.
Editorial Board member of the European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology from January 2017.
- Author of 54 scientific manuscripts published since 2002 on
peer-reviewed international journals.
- Author of 6 manuscripts in italian language.
- Author of 110 contributions to national or international
Member of scientific associations
- Italian Society of Pharmacology, member
- DURG-I (Drug Utilization Research Group Italy),