Engineer and Ph. D. in Architecture he has carried out his research in the field of Technical Architecture and Building Renovation in seismic areas. His main research interests are aimed at the development of new constructive technologies aimed at updating historical construction techniques. He also deals with TLS (Terrestrial Laser Scanning), with emphasis on the application of reverse engineering techniques to the building heritage and the speditive evaluation of existing building assets. Other research topics are related to the on-site dynamic characterizationof buildings with non-invasive techniques.
Advisor for over 20 master’s degree thesis in Building Engineering and Architecture (Unique Cycle Degree programme).
- 2018 Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Ph. D. Architecture. Doctoral dissertation: INDUSTRIALIZED INNOVATIVE BUILDING TECHNIQUES FOR SUSTAINABLE BUILDING. (XXX cycle) Tutor: Prof. Eng. Riccardo Gulli
- 2012 Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Master’s Degree in Construction Engineering. Master Degree thesis: Churches in Bologna 1945–2010. FIRST ANALYTICAL CENSUS, HISTORICAL-CRITICAL ANALYSIS AND TYPOLOGICAL CATALOGING FOR A NATIONAL ATLAS OF THE PHENOMENON (Tutor: Prof. Eng. Giovanni Mochi; Prof Maria Beatrice Bettazzi)
- 2012, six months training stage promoted by CIRI Building and Construction of the University of Bologna at Manutencoop FM S.p.a. following the "Real Estate Rating" project on the overall assessment of buildings.
- From 2012 to 2014, he had a Fellow Research Grant at CIRI Building and Construction with a project related to "Evaluation Criteria and Data Acquisition Methods for Interventions on Existing Real Estate".
- Since 2018 he has a Fellow Research Grant at the Department of Architecture of the University of Bologna for the EU funded project “TripleA-reno”. The project is running from May 2018 until April 2021 and building upon results from previous European projects, it focuses on consumers' and end-users’ requirements. The project team works on better indoor environmental quality and indoor health for occupants through well performing nearly zero energy renovations.
Academic Appointments and Participation in research
- July 2018, Invited Lecturer during the Professional Master Programme (2nd level) in “Building Information Modelling – BIM Manager”, University of Pisa. Main topic of this teaching activity was the parametric 3D modelling of wooden trusses from a 3D point cloud.
- In 2018 he has been aggregated to the European Project PRO-GET-ONE, coordinated by Prof. A. Ferrante, as TLS expert and BIM specialist.
- In 2015, he was part of the organizing committee of the conference "Colloqui.AT.e 2015" held in Bologna from 26 to 28 November.
- Since 2016, he has been a member of the Editorial Board of the online journal “TEMA: Technologies Engineering Materials Architecture” as Journal Manager
- Since 2018 Adjunct Professor for the class “Laboratory of Product Design - Technical Architecture”, School of Engineering and Architecture - Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Degree in Advanced Design of products and processes
- Since 2018, Teaching Tutor of "Technical Architecture 1 with laboratory" class for Building and Architecture Engineering, School of Engineering and Architecture - Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna.
- Since 2015 Teaching Tutor of "Technical Architecture T" class for Civil Engineering, School of Engineering and Architecture - Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna. As part of this assignment, he has held teaching activities in LeDo (Learning by Doing) laboratory since 2015, which was created by the collaboration between DA and DICAM departments.