Last update 24/11/2016
1) Synthesis, properties and applications of alternative
- Design and synthesis of green solvents (ionic liquids, deep eutectic solvents, switchable solvents) and assessment of their aquatic toxicity and biodegradability.
Application of green solvents (ionic liquids, fluorinated solvents, supercritical CO2) as media for organocatalysis and biocatalysis.
- Use of green solvents (ionic liquids, deep eutectic solvents, switchable solvents, supercritical CO2) for extracting chemical
compounds from natural matrices:
polyhydroxyalkanoates from microorganisms, alkaloids from corals, lipids and polysaccharides from microalgae.
2) Use of renewable resources for obtaining chemicals and
- Cultivation and extraction of microalgae for obtaining 3rd
- Thermochemical conversion of waste biomass into solid acid catalysts and chiral building blocks.
- Conversion of waste biomass into
bioplastics by aerobic and anaerobic microbial fermentations.
Use of renewable building blocks
for the synthesis of biodegradable surfactants, solvents and chiral catalysts.