Professor Stefano Tinti is author of over 270 publications 190
of which published in journals, books and contributions with
international dissemination. In the field of Geophysics, he
oriented his research specially to the following subjects:
- Generation and propagation of tsunamis: generation by
earthquakes, landslides and volcanic eruptions.
- Marine propagation of long waves in the near-coast zone and
interaction with coastal structures
- Analysis of hazard, vulnerability and risk associated with
- Monitoring networks and early warning systems for tsunamis
- Analysis of macroseismic and instrumental data of a seismic
catalogue through statistical techniques.
- Seismicity study mainly of the Italian territory.
- Developing numerical models for the dynamical evolution of
- Modeling displacements, stresses and deformations associated to