(Curriculum vitae .pdf file at
- Family name: Francaviglia
- First name: Stefano
- Date of birth: August 19, 1973
- Place of birth: Pistoia, Italy
- Citizenship: Italian
- Languages known: Catalan, English, French, Italian, Portuguese,
- Research field: Geometry and Topology of low-dimensional
manifolds, Geometric Group Theory, Dynamical Systems and
Positions and titles
- 2019, April 8 - Today. Professore Ordinario (Full Professor) at the Departement of Mathematics of
the Alma Mater Studiorum , which
is the University of Bologna
- 2014, September 15 - 2019, April 7. Professore Associato .
- 2008, November 1 - 2014, September 14. Ricercatore (Research
Fellow) at the Departement of
Mathematics of the Alma Mater
Studiorum , which is the University of Bologna.
- February 2007 - October 2008. Assegnista (Research Fellow) at
the D.M.A. of the Univ. of Pisa.
- February 2005 - January 2007. Marie Courie Intra European
Fellowship at the Departament de
Matemàtiques de la UAB.
- July 2003 - February 2005. INdAM research fellow at
the DMA (Dept. of Appl.
Math.) of the University of Pisa.
- May 21, 2004. PhD in Mathematics at the Scuola Normale Superiore of
Thesis "Hyperbolicity equations for cusped $3$-manifolds and
volume-rigidity of representations" approved cum
advisor: Prof. C. Petronio (Dept. of Appl. Math. Univ. of
- January-June, 2003. Visiting student at the C.R.M. of Barcelona.
- March-June, 2002. Visiting student at the University of Barcelona.
- 1998-2001. PhD student at the Scuola Normale Superiore of
- 1993-1998. Degree in Mathematics at the University of Pisa,
Thesis "Foliations on 3-manifolds" approved cum
advisor: Prof. R. Benedetti (Dept. of Math. Univ. of Pisa)