Curriculum Vitae of Sandra Linguerri
Her principle studies of research concern the history of the sciences in the 19th and 20th centuries. More specifically, she deals with the Italian scientific panorama and the activities of the protagonists of that time.
Biographical educational background
From 1996 to 1999 she received three grants from the Italian Research Council to do research on: Italian scientific institutions after the Unification of Italy (1861).
2003 she was Visiting Fellow at Dibner Institute Cambridge, Mass.
2004 she received her PHD degree at the University of Bologna.
2005 she was Visiting Fellow at Clare Hall College, Cambridge U.K
From 2000 to 2006 she held a temporary research position (assegno di ricerca) in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Bologna and at present she is a researcher in History of Science and Technology
Since 2001 she has conducted seminars/lessons for the History of Science course in the Department of Philosophy.
From 2002 to 2006 she held seminars for a Master programme dealing with â€œScientific Museographyâ€ at the University of Bologna and then in 2005 to 2006 for a Master programme dealing with â€œscience, technology and innovation for Scuola Superiore della Pubblica Amministrazione, Rome.
Participation in the organization of congress, conferences, exhibitions and scientific documentaries,
- 1999 Research Project: â€œScienza a due voci [http://www.ciress.com/Scienzaaduevoci.htm] â€. The project was the outcome of an historical survey undertaken within the framework of a project for the spread of scientific culture funded by the Italian Ministry for Higher Education and Research. A project launched by a group of women historians.
- March 2001 Exhibition: â€œIl teatro della natura di Ulisse Aldrovandi [http://www.filosofia.unibo.it/aldrovandi/] â€, Bologna.
October 2002 Workshop: â€œMarconi scienziato e imprenditoreâ€, and November Workshop: â€œNavigare per sapereâ€, Bologna,
- November 2003 Exhibition â€œI Lincei nell'Italia Unitaâ€ , Rome.
- May â€“ June , 2004 Movie series â€œVedere la scienza [http://www.ciress.com/files/vedere%20la%20scienza.pdf] â€, Bologna,
- September2004 International Workshop: â€œ The Migration of Ideas [http://www.ciress.com/files/Migration%20of%20Ideas,%20second%20workshop.pdf] â€, Bologna.
- November 2005 â€“ January , 2006 Exhibition: â€œEinstein a Bologna [http://www.ciress.com/files/Einstein.pdf] â€, Bologna,
- 2007 Scientific film documentary: â€œScienziati a Pisa: L'ereditÃ di Vito Volterra
- December 2007 Workshop for the centennial of the Scientia review, Bologna,
- 2008 Scientific film documentary: â€œLe armonie nascoste. Federigo Enriques nella cultura d'Europa,â€
- creation of a web site http://scienzaa2voci.unibo.it [http://scienzaa2voci.unibo.it/] (Scienziate italiane dal Settecento al Novecento. Dizionario biografico)
Sh She is a member of the Italian Society of the History of Science; Life member of the Clare Hall College, Cambridge U.K; a member of the national Committee forfor the publication of the works of Federigo Enriques