High school specializing in scientific studies, 1971-1975.
Degree in "Biological Sciences", cum laude, University of
Awarded Scholarship for "Chemical seed treatment against fungal
pathogens" study, Institute of Plant Pathology, University of
Master in "Phytopathology", University of Bologna, 1982.
Registered member of Italian Association of Biologists,
"Assistant technician", University of Bologna, 1984-1985.
"Graduated technician", University of Bologna, 1986-2000.
Ph.D. in "Plant Pathology", University of Bologna, 1988.
"Temporary Professor", University of Ferrara, 1998-2002.
"Researcher", University of Bologna, 2001-present.
University of Ferrara
Temporary professor of " Phytopathological biotechnologies",
first cycle degree/Bachelor “Agro-industrial Biotechnologies”,
Faculty of Mathematical, Fisical and Natural Sciences,
University of Bologna- School of Agriculture and Veterinary
Professor of "Biological and integrated control of plant
pathogens", second cycle degree /Two year Master "Plant
Agricultural Biotechnologies", 2005-2007.
Professor of "Biological and integrated protection against diseases
and product quality", second cycle degree/Two year Master
"Agro-industrial System Sciences", 2007-2008.
Professor of "Plant disease management strategies and
environmental impact“, first cycle
degree/Bachelor “Agricultural Technology”, 2010-2011.
Professor of “Plant disease control”, second cycle degree/Two
year Master "Sciences and Agricultural Technologies”, 2012.
Professor of "Environmental and toxicological aspects of
pesticides in sustainable crop protection”, first cycle
degree/Bachelor “Agricultural Technology”, 2012-present.
Member of board examinations, Area "Plant Pathology", University
of Bologna, 1985-present.
Practical lessons in laboratory of "Plant disease control", Master
in Phytopathology, University of Bologna, 1990-2002 and of
"Biological and integrated protection against diseases",
Member of teaching board of "Plant Pathology" Ph.D, University of
Supervisor and co-supervisor of degree (1st and 2nd levels), master
and Ph.D thesis.
Main research topics
Study of fungal diseases of cereal and horticultural plants.
Plant disease control strategies having the lowest environmental
impact, such as the application by different methods of
biofungicides, based on fungal and bacterial microorganisms, both
in greenhouse and in field.
Understanding the mechanism of action of biofungicides towards
the pathogen (hyperparasitism, antibiosis and competition) and
the plant (induction of systemic resistance).
Study of the compatibility between biofungicides and chemical
fungicides used to control plant diseases.
Responsible of projects funded by University of Bologna,
More than 70 papers in national and international journals and
over 40 abstract of communications to scientific meetings.
Editor of "Difesa delle piante" scientific journal,
Member of the editorial staff of "Informatore Fitopatologico"
scientific journal, 1996-1999.
Member of the editorial staff of “Micologia
Italiana” scientific journal, 2011-present.
Member of examinations for Technician position, University of
Member of examination for Research position, Tuscia University
Membership of SIPaV, Italian association for Plant Pathology and
of AIPP, Italian Association for Plant Protection.
Occasional reviser for the international scientific journals
Phytoparasitica, Phytopathologia Mediterranea, Journal of
Phytopathology and Crop Protection.
- Botelho R. V., Roberti R., Tessarin P, Garcia-Mina J. M. and Rombolà A. D., 2015. Physiological responses of grapevines to biodynamic management. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems (doi:10.1017/S1742170515000320) (in press)
- Di Francesco A., Roberti R., Martini C., Baraldi E., Mari M., 2015. Activities of Aureobasidium pullulans cell filtrates against Monilinia laxa of peaches.Microbiological Research 181, 61-67.
- Innocenti G., Roberti R., Piattoni F., 2015. Biocontrol ability of Trichoderma harzianum strain T22 against Fusarium wilt disease on water-stressed lettuce plants. BioControl 60, 573–581. (DOI 10.1007/s10526-015-9662-7)
- Roberti R., Galletti S., Burzi P. L., Righini H., Cetrullo S., Perez C., 2015. Induction of defence responses in zucchini (Cucurbita pepo) by Anabaena sp. water extract. Biological Control 82, 61-68.
- Piattoni P., Roberti R., Servidio G., Zechini D’Aulerio A., 2014. Studies on the potential role of root exudates in the interaction between musk melon roots and Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. melonis. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 121(2), 64-70.
- Innocenti I., Roberti R., Alvisi G., 2013. Efficacy of foliage fungicides against eyespot of winter wheat in Northern Italy. Phytopathol. Mediterr. 53(3), 442-448.
- Roberti R., Veronesi A., Flamigni F., 2012. Evaluation of microbial products for the control of zucchini foot and root rot caused by Fusarium solani f. sp. cucurbitae race 1. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 51(2), 317-331.
- Roberti R., Innocenti G., 2011. Difesa dai patogeni possibile con i microrganismi del terreno. Informatore Agrario, 37, 69-71.
- Di Marco S., Osti F., Calzarano F., Roberti R., Veronesi A., Amalfitano C., 2011. Effects of grapevine applications of fosetyl-aluminium formulations for downy mildew control on “esca” and associated fungi. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 50(1), S285-S299.
- Veronesi A., Portillo I., Roberti R., Collina M., Brunelli A., 2009. Evaluation of induced resistance by biostimulants against Phytophthora infestans on tomato. Petria, 19, 60-62.
- Roberti R., Veronesi A., Cesari A., Cascone A. Di Berardino I., Bertini L., Caruso C., 2008. Induction of PR proteins and resistance by the biocontrol agent Clonostachys rosea in wheat plants infected with Fusarium culmorum. Plant Science, 175, 339-347.
- Veronesi A., Roberti R., Di Marco S., Rombolà A., Osti F., Toselli M, Sorrenti G. (2007). Effect of soil treatments in the development of strategies for the control of kiwifruit wood decay. IOBC/WPRS Bulletin. 30(6), 89-92
- Roberti R., Badiali F., Pisi A., Veronesi A., Pancaldi D., Cesari A., 2006. Sensitivity of Clonostachys rosea and Trichoderma spp. as potential biocontrol agents to pesticides. Journal of Phytopathology 154, 100-109.
- Innocenti G., Roberti R., Montanari M., Zakrisson E. 2003. Efficacy of micro-organisms antagonistic to Rhizoctonia cerealis and their cell wall degrading enzymatic activities. Mycological Research 107(4), 421-427.
- Roberti R., Zakrisson E., Flamigni F., De Vero L., Cesari A., 2002. Antagonistic fungi producing hydrolytic enzymes, active in degrading the cell wall of some foot rot pathogens (Fusarium spp.) of wheat. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection, 109 (1), 101-108.
- Pisi A., Roberti R., Zakrisson E., Filippini G., Mantovani W., Cesari A., 2001. SEM investigation about hyphal relationships between some antagonistic fungi against Fusarium spp. foot rot pathogen of wheat. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 40, 37-44.
- Roberti R., Flori P., Pisi A., Brunelli A., Cesari A., 2000. Evaluation of biological seed treatment of wheat for the control of seed-borne Fusarium culmorum. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection, 107(5), 484-493.
- Battilani P., Racca P., Rossi V., Giosue’ S., Roberti R., Flori P., 1996. Validation of onimil, a forecaster for primary infection of downy mildew on onion. SP-Report, Danish Institute of Plant and Soil Science, 15, 9-18.
- Roberti R., Flori P., Pisi A., 1996. Biological control of soil-borne Sclerotium rolfsii infection by treatment of bean seeds with species of Trichoderma. Petria, 6, 105-116.
- Roberti R., Ghisellini L., Pisi A., Flori P., Filippini G.,1993. Efficacy of two species of Trichoderma as a biological control against Rhizoctonia solani Kühn isolated from string bean root rot in Italy. Advances in Horticultural Science, 7(1), 19-25.
- Roberti R. Ghisellini L. Innocenti G., 1993. Biological control of blackleg of beet (Phoma betae) by Metarhizium anisopliae. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection, 100(2), 203-210.