N. Lotti is Associate Professor of Basic Chemistry of Technology
(CHIM/07) at Civil, Chemical Environmental and Material Engineering
Department of Univeristy of Bologna since 2011.
- 1989, June: 'Laurea' in Chemistry, cum laude, at the
University of Bologna, discussing an experimental thesis entitled:
“Binary polymeric blends", under the supervision of Prof.
- 1989-1992: Ph.D. in Industrial Chemistry at the University of
Bologna with a thesis entitled: “Bacterial polyesters",
under the supervision of Prof. Mariastella Scandola.
- 1991: stage of 6 months at the University of Massachusetts
(U.S.A.) under the supervision of Prof. R.W. Lenz.
- 1993: research contract of 4 months on the subject
“Packaging materials", under the supervision of Prof. P.
- 1993: research grant financed by CNR on the subject entitled:
"Polymer blends containing bacterial polyesters:
biodegradability-morphology relationship", at the University of
Bologna under the supervision of Prof. Mariastella
- 1994: chemist at Unità Sanitaria Locale n° 38 di
- 1995: permanent position (researcher) at the Faculty of
Engineering of the University of Bologna.
- Associate Professor at Civil, Chemical Environmental and
Material Engineering Department of Univeristy of Bologna
Scientific coordination of national and
international research projects
- PRIN: Nano molecular technology for controlled drug delivery-
NANOMED (3 years 2012-2015) - Unit leader
- European project FP7: New Biotechnological
approaches for biodegrading and promoting the environmental
biotransformation of synthetic polymeric materials - BIOCLEAN
(3 years 2012-2015) - Co-coordinator.
Scientific coordinator of research contract
- PON: Nanomaterials for sustainable building "NAMASTE" ( 30 months since 2013).
Partecipation to research project:
Research contract with Fresenius Hemocare Italia srl:
Selection of characterization methods for PBT and its blend blood
filters obtained through melt-blown technology (1
year, since 2014).
Strategic project of University of
Bologna: Electrospinned nanostructured polymeric
scaffolds for biomedical applications"(2 years 2007-2009).
PRIN project: Synthesis of novel hyperbranched polyesters
and copolyesters based on PES e PEES as impact modifiers for
thermosettinf for RTMÃ¢ (3 years 2003-2005).
DIDACTIC AND INSTITUTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
With regard to didactic activity, N. Lotti has held and holds teaching courses in the field of the CHIM/07 (Chemical Technologies Fundamentals) scientific discipline at the Department of Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental and Materials of the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Bologna.
She is Tutor and Co-tutor of PhD Thesis.
Member of CIRI Meccanica Avanzata e Materiali
Member of Editorial Board of Journal of Waste Management and Environmental Issues [https://clytoaccess.com/journal-waste-management-and-environmental-issues].
Author of 152 papers (2036+ citations, h=25) published on international journals (scopus) and of 126 communications in International and National Conferences.