Associate professor, scientific field L-OR/02 (Egittologia e Civiltà Copta), Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna.
- 1986-1991: First class BA degree (110/110 with laudem) in Ancient History with a final dissertation in Egyptology from the University of Bologna.
- January 1994 - December 1995: M.Phil. at the “School of Archaeology and Oriental Studies”, University of Liverpool, in Egyptology. Supervisor: Dr. C.J. Eyre. Examiners: Prof. K.A. Kitchen, Dr. A. Leahy.
- October 1996 - October 1999: Ph.D. obtained the 14th of March 2000 from the University of Bologna in “Antichità Africane” (scientific field: Egyptology). Title of the dissertation: “Geografia religiosa del Fayyum. Dalle origine al IV secolo a.C.”. Supervisor: Prof. S. Pernigotti. Examiners: Prof. E. Bresciani; Prof. L. Bongrani-Fanforni, Prof. R. Fattovich.
Fellowships and Awards
- 1993: Post-graduate scholarship offered by the University of Bologna in order to study for a two-year period at the University of Liverpool.
- 01/1997-12/1999: PhD fellowship, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna
- 1998: Scholarship offered by the Brown University for a two-month period (March - April 1999) at the Department of Egyptology at the Brown University - Providence (Rhode Island - USA). Tutor: Prof. L. Lesko.
- 2003: Prize allocated by the Michela Schiff Giorgini Fondation - Lousanne (president Prof. J. Leclant) as a financial grant to support a research aiming at collecting the hieroglyphic inscriptions from the Fayyum.
- July 2004-2006: Postdoctoral fellowship for a two-year period offered by the Department of Archaeology of the University of Bologna.
- 2008: Fellowship ‘Marco Polo’ for a three-month period offered by the University of Bologna as a financial grant to support a research on the god Sobek in the Fayyum at the School of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology, University of Liverpool (UK).
- October 1996, November 2005, 2006, 2007: Excavation at Bakchias (Fayyum, Egypt), University of Bologna.
- 2000-2002: Contract as a lecturer in Egyptology and Coptic Studies for a semester at the Department of Archaeology of the University of Bologna
- 2002-2004: Contract as a tutor in Egyptology for a semester at the Department of Archaeology of the University of Bologna.
- 2004-2005/ 2006-2007: Contract for a professorship for the course in “Egyptology” at the “Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia” of the University of Sassari.
- 2007-2009: “Egyptology”, course for undergraduate and graduate students at the Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna
- 2009-ongoing: “Egyptology” and “Egyptian epigraphy”, courses for undergraduate and graduate students at the Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna
Examiner of Ph.D. thesis
- July 2011 External examiner of a Ph.D. thesis for the ‘Dottorato di Ricerca in Orientalistica: Egitto, Vicino e Medio Oriente’, University of Pisa.
- Febryary 2012: External examiner of a Ph.D. thesis at the School of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology, University of Liverpool.
- 2003 – 11-13 aprile VIII National Congress of Egyptology and Papirology. Turin, Convegno IICE. Paper: “Sobek, il coccodrillo e le donne”
- 2006 – 1-2 febbraio X National Congress of Egyptology and Papirology. Rome, Convegno IICE. Paper “Il survey fotografico dell’obelisco di Abgig”
- 2006 – 16 giugno Lecture “The Worship of Sobek in the Fayyum in the Dynastic Period”, at the “Forschungskolloquium Sommersemester 2006”, Ägyptologisches Seminar der Universität Basel.
- 2009 – 17-18 dicembre Cogress ‘L’Egitto in Età Ramesside’, Chianciano Terme. Paper: ‘Sobek di Shedet in età ramesside’.
- 2012 – 12 marzo Congress ‘Oracoli, visioni e profezie. L’Egitto da Alessandro il Grande a el-Hakim’, Universiy of Rome, La Sapienza. Paper: ‘Horo il fanciullo come preveggente nelle scene rituali di epoca greco-romana’.
- 2014 – 3-4 aprile Workshop ‘Current Research in Ancient Egyptian Religion: Osiris, Amon, Mut’, Universität Basel. Paper: ‘The naos of Leiden of Amasis: protection and awakening of Osiris’.
- 2016 – 26-28 ottobre VI International Congress on the Fayum, ‘Le Fayoum – archéologie, histoire, religion’, Université Paul-Valery Montpellier 3. Paper: ‘Personal names in the Fayyum: from the 12th dynasty to the ramesside period’.