Place of birth: Merano (BZ) (1965)
2006- Full Professor of Public Economics..
1996, D.Phil. in Economics, Nuffield College, Oxford (UK).
1994, Dottorato in Finanza Pubblica, Università di Pavia.
1992, MA in Economics, Warwick University (UK).
1989, Laurea in Economia e Commercio, Università di Bologna.
2018 - Associate Editor of the Review of Law and Economics.
2014-17 President of the European Association of Law and Economics.
2014-17 Mentor of the School of Economics, Free University of Bozen
2014- Member of the Editorial Board of the The Latin American and Iberian Journal of Law and Economics
2012-13, Scientific Advisor for the “Study on Trade Secrets and Confidential Business Information in the Internal Market” of Baker-McKenzie law firm on behalf of the European Commission (contract MARKT/2011/128/D)
2010- Member of the Editorial Board of the Review of Law and Economics (DeGruyter)
2009 - 2018 Local Director, European Master in Law and Economics [http://www.emle.org/] (Bologna, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Ghent, Mumbai, Warsaw, Haifa, Vienna, Aix).
2008, Main drafter of the EDLE project for the Erasmus Mundus Action 1 programme (project awarded with € 6 millions by the European Commission)
2007 - Director, European Doctorate in Law and Economics (Bologna, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Mumbai).
2007-2010, Member of the Executive Board and Co-Founder of the Italian Society for Law and Economics.
2006-2010, Director of the undergraduate degree programme “Corso di laurea in Economia e Diritto”
Awards and visits
2018, Bok Visiting Professor, University of Pennsylvania Law School.
2015, Winner, together with Giuseppe Dari Mattiacci, of the Distinguished Article Prize of the American Law and Economics Review.
2014, Visiting scholar, Université Panthéon-Assas
2012, Honorary Professor, Universidad de San Martin de Porres, Lima.
2011, Visiting Scholar, IGDIR, Mumbai, India.
2009, Visiting Scholar, Nuffield College, Oxford.
2008, Visiting Scholar, University of Haifa, Law School, Israel.
1999, Visiting Scholar, Nuffield College, Oxford.
1998, Fulbright Scholarship, UC San Diego, USA.
1997, Prize “Rivista il fisco” for my doctoral thesis: Controllo dell'evasione fiscale e condoni tributari.
- Legal change in the face of uncertainty, 9th Annual Conference of the Spanish Association of Law and Economics, 2018, Lleida, Spagna.
- "Liability law and uncertainty" Invited lecture at the Asociación Latinoamericana y del Caribe de Derecho y Economía (ALACDE), Santo Domingo, July 2015, and invited lecture at the Second International Conference in Law and Economics, Ankara, May 2015
- "Rischio e responsabilità civile" Lettura Valcavi, Varese, Aprile 2015.
- "Law and economics of trade secrets law" Invited lecture at the Società Italiana Diritto ed Economia, Lugano, 2014.
- "The Optimal Scope of Trade Secrets Law" Invited lecture at the Asociación Latinoamericana
y del Caribe de Derecho y Economía (ALACDE), Lima, 2012.
- "Patents and secrets" Invited speach, Midterm Meeting EMLE, Rotterdam, 2008.
Economic analysis of the law, intellectual property, tort law and economics.
Aikido at Dojo Fujinami.