Responsible and collaborator in numerous clinical research internal projects of the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute as well as in several research external projects in the laboratory and pre-clinic field.
- Development and implantation of tailored prostheses, prototyped by 3D printing;
- Guided surgery of the pelvis and sacrum in patients with primitive or secondary tumors.
Research in the field of regenerative medicine:
- Treatment of osteonecrosis with autologous stem cells;
- Treatment of pseudo-tumoral lesions with stem cells drawn from the bone marrow;
- Treatment of consolidation delays with stem cells drawn from the marrow;
- Reconstruction of cartilaginous defects
His scientific and clinical interests lie in the high specialization in the treatment of:
- Malignant bone e soft tissue tumors: osteosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma, chondrosarcoma, liposarcoma, soft tissue sarcoma etc.;
- Benignant bone and soft tissue tumors: lipoma, atypical lipomatous tumor, myxoma, chondroma, exostosi, etc.;
- Pseudo-tumoral lesions: simple bone cyst, aneurismal cyst, fibrous dysplasia;
- Development of tailored prostheses for the treatment of osteochondral knee lesions;
- Development of tailored pelvis prostheses for the reconstruction of malignant pelvic lesions