- Degree in Chemistry (1989) at the University
of Bologna. THESIS: “Polyesters from bacteria: solid state
- Fellowship financed by Himont Spa for
research c/o University of Bologna (Prof. M. Scandola) (June 1989
-May 1990). Description of activity: research on solid state
properties of blends between polyolefins and biopolymers”.
- Researcher at the “Giulio Natta Research Center” of
Himont/ Montell in Ferrara (ITALY) in charge of the
thermal analysis laboratory (June 1990 - February 1996).
Description of activity: research on thermal, morphological
and structural characterization of polyolefins (homopolymers,
copolymers and blends); organization of research work; teaching to
students and technicians; lessons on polymer characterization at
the Padova University; collaborations with Universities and
industrial research centers.
- Visiting researcher at the
University of Sao Carlos (Sao Paulo – BRAZIL)
(Prof. Edgar D. Zanotto) (September - December 1993).
- PhD in Materials Engineering (1996-1999) at
the University of Bologna. THESIS: “Hardness and fracture toughness
in ceramics: new methods of quantitative analysis”. The research
activity was carried out at the Ceramic Center of Bologna.
- Fellowship financed by General Electric (USA)
(April 1999- February 2002). Description of activity:
research on synthesis and characterization of new polymeric
- Assistant Professor (from 2002) in
the Department of Civil, Chemistry, Environmental and Materials
Engineering of the Bologna University.
Description of activity : research on the synthesis and
characterization of new polymers, copolymers, blends, composites
and nanocomposites; teaching of Chemistry in different courses at
the 1st year of Engineering .
- "Visiting researcher" at
the Research Center of General
Electric in Schenectady, New York, USA (April -June
- Associate Professor (from 2018) in the Department of Civil, Chemistry, Environmental and Materials Engineering of the Bologna University.
- Author of about 90 publications in peer reviewed international journal; h index= 21; 2420 citations (Scopus).
- Scientific activity: Polymer Science: Synthesis and characterization of polymers, mainly bio-based polymers, from biomass and bio-waste, preparation of composites and nanocomposites. Study of correlations between chemical structure and properties. End-of-life of plastics
- Scientific supervisor of research agreements with national and international companies; responsible of the research unit of UNIBO in H2020 projects (NoAW, Agrimax and USABLE PACKAGING). WP leader in the H2020 PROLIFIC project. Participant in TERMINUS project.