• Place and Date of Birth: San Severo (Foggia), August 26, 1973.
• 1998, Medical School Degree (magna cum laude) at the University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.
• 2003, Post-graduate Degree: Internal Medicine, University of Bologna (magna cum laude).
• 2008, Lecturer in Internal Medicine, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Bologna.
Scientific Research Topics:
• Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC). Systemic treatments (Sorafenib, Regorafenib).
• Autoimmune liver diseases (Autoimmune hepatitis, Primary Biliary Cholangitis, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis)
• HCV and HBV related liver disease
• Celiac disease, gluten-free diet, autoimmune enteropathy
• Autoantibodies, Autoimmunity
Total number of original papers published on peer-reviewed international journals: 95 (September 2019).
Referee for several international journals (Hepatology, Gut, American Journal of Transplantation, Clinical Chemistry, Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Journal of Clinical Pathology, Journal of Clinical Immunology, European Journal of Gastroenterolgy and Hepatology, Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology).