CURRENT POSITION: Associate Professor in Economic history- University of Bologna
Member of the Scientific Board of the Postgraduate Master in Economics of cooperative enterprises
Member of the Board of Cast (Center of Advanced studies in tourism) - University of Bologna
SCIENTIFIC FIELDS: cultural tourism, tourism history, business history, economic history
- 1987 University of Bologna Degree in Economics and Business
- 1992-1993 Visiting student London School of Economics
- 1994 University of Ancona Research Doctorate in Political Economy.
- 1995-97 University of Bologna: Post-doctoral fellowship
- 2002-2010 Assistant Professor at the University of Bologna, Rimini campus, Faculty of Economics and Business
- Since 2010 Professor of “Economic History” .
- 2012-2016 Director of the Degree in Tourism Economics of the University of Bologna
July 2013- University of Sydney
July-August; November-Deember 2017- University of Glasgow
2015-2016 President of Assi (Associazione studi e storia di impresa) The Italian Association of Business History
since 2012 Member of the Board of Sistur - Italian Association of tourism science
since 2009 Member of the Advisory Board of Journal of Tourism History, edited by Taylor and Francis.
since 2009 Member of the Advisory Board of Annali di storia del turismo, FrancoAngeli;