Born in Bologna, Italy, December 2, 1969.
Laurea (MSc degree) in Chemistry (cum laude): July 1993, Università di Bologna.
Ph.D. in Chemistry: July 1997, Università di Bologna.
- Full Professor (January 2018 – to date): Department of Chemistry “Giacomo Ciamician”, University of Bologna
- Associate Professor (October 2012 – December 2017): Department of Chemistry “Giacomo Ciamician”, University of Bologna
- Assistant Professor (2006 – September 2012): Department of Chemistry “Giacomo Ciamician”, University of Bologna
- Quantum-chemical determination of structural, molecular and spectroscopic properties
- High-resolution molecular spectroscopy: Rotational Spectroscopy (experimental)
- Astrochemistry [Chief Editor, Frontiers Astrochemistry (section of “Frontiers in Astronomy and Space Sciences”)]