Analisi economica del diritto, in tutte le sua articolazioni (dir.
privato e pubblico).
"Legal Change in the Face of Risk-Averse Subjects: A Generalization of the Theory" American Law and Economics Review, (Fall 2019), 21 (2): 394–430 (link)
"Liability law under scientific uncertainty", in American Law and Economics Review (Fall 2017), 19 (2): 327-360 (link)
- “Correlated accidents”, American Law and Economics Review (Fall 2016) 18 (2): 358-384 (link)
- “The optimal scope of trade secrets law”, with A. Kaushik, International Review of Law and Economics, 2016, vol. 45, 45-53 (link).
- “Innovative negligence rules”, with Giuseppe Dari Mattiacci, in American Law and Economics Review, 2014, 16/2, 333-365. 2014 Distinguished Article Prize of the ALER (link)
- “Weak Intellectual Property Rights, Research Spill-Overs and The Incentive to Innovate”, with V. Denicolò, in American Law and Economics Review, 2012, 14/1, 111-140 (link)
- “Rewarding innovation efficiently: the case for exclusive IP rights,” in Regulating Innovation: Competition Policy and Patent Law Under Uncertainty, G. Manne and J. Wright, eds.,Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- “Transmitters and receivers' investment to avoid interference: Is there an optimal regime?” with P. Crocioni, Telecommunications Policy , 2011, 35 (6), 568-578 (ssrn)
- “On the Winner-Take-All Principle in Innovation Races,” with V. Denicolò, Journal of the European Economic Association, 2010, 1133–1158.
- “Tax evasion and avoidance”, in Criminal law and economics, edited by Nuno Garoupa, Edward Elgar, 2009, 290 – 319 (SSRN).
- “The contract theory of patents in perspective”, in Internationalization of the Law and its Economic Analysis: Festschrift für Hans-Bernd Schäfer, edidted by T. Eger, J. Bigus, C. Ott, and G. von Wagenheim, Gabler, 103-114 (see here).
- Economia e Politica Economica del Diritto, with Daniela Marchesi, Il Mulino ottobre 2006.
- “Innovation, duplication and the contract theory of patents”, with Vincenzo Denicolò, in The economics of Innovation: Incentives, Cooperation, and R&D Policy, R. Cellini and L. Lambertini eds., Elsevier (at SSRN).
- "Patents, secrets, and the first inventor defense", with Vincenzo Denicolò, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 2004, 13/3, 517-538.
- "Discretion in tax enforcement", Economica, 2004, 71/283, 369-389.
- "Evasione fiscale e nuove modalità di accertamento: una introduzione all'analisi economica", with Luigi Bernardi, Rivista di Diritto Finanziario e Scienza delle Finanze, parte prima, 3-41, 2004.
- "The contract theory of patents", with Vincenzo Denicolò, International Review of Law and Economics, 23 (2004), 365-380.
- Introduzione all'economia del diritto, Il Mulino, luglio 2003.
- "Amnesties, settlements, and optimal tax enforcement", Economica, 2000, vol. 57, 153-176.
- "Tax evasion and tax compliance,", Encyclopedia of Law and Economics vol. 4, 51-94, edited by B. Bouckaert and G. De Geest, Edward Elgar, UK and University of Ghent, Belgium, 1999 (SSRN) .
- "Negotiated enforcement and credible deterrence", The Economic Journal, 1999, vol. 109, 509-535.
- "Imperfect competition in certification markets," pp. 158-176, in Organized interests and self-regulation: An economic approach, a cura di B. Bortolotti e G. Fiorentini, Oxford University Press (ssrn).
- "Independent auditors as fiscal gatekeepers," International Review of Law and Economics, 1998, 18/4, 365-384 ( paper).
- "Punishment and grace: On the economics of tax amnesties," Public Finance/Finances Publiques, vol. 3, 1996, pp. 353-368 (paper)
Work in progress
Prevention policy that mitigates ex-ante uncertainty