Final Conference Globus
GLOBUS concluding conference: Reconsidering European contributions to global justice
GLOBUS researchers will present key findings from the project and reflect on the EU's global role and future research in a webinar on 28 May 2020.
Time and place: May 28, 2020 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM, Zoom Add to calendar [https://www.globus.uio.no/events/workshops/concluding-conference-global-justice-may20.html?vrtx=ical] [http://www.uio.no/tjenester/it/web/vortex/hjelp/andre/ical/]
Since its inception the European Union has proclaimed an ambition to promote justice at the global level. But what precisely is the contribution of the European Union? In this conference, we present key findings from the GLOBUS project. We further discuss the significance of the reinforced contestation of global norms for the EU’s ability to pursue a value-based foreign policy. What are the key concerns that arise from research in GLOBUS? What new issues and challenges have arisen since the start of the project in 2016 and how should we address them in our research?
The EU and global political justice: Main findings
Chair: Helene Sjursen, GLOBUS Scientific Coordinator, ARENA Centre for European Studies
- Climate change and global justice | Franz von Lucke, University of Tübingen
- Migration and global justice | Michela Ceccorulli, University of Bologna
- Trade, development and global justice | Johanne D. Saltnes, ARENA Centre for European Studies
- Security, conflict resolution and global justice | Nikola Tomic, University College Dublin
Discussants: Richard Whitman, University of Kent and Christine Hackenesch, German Development Institute
Roundtable on the EU’s global role: Future research challenges
Chair: Johanne D. Saltnes, ARENA Centre for European Studies
- Helene Sjursen, ARENA Centre for European Studies
- Sonia Lucarelli, University of Bologna
- Thomas Diez, University of Tübingen
- Ben Tonra, University College Dublin
- Pundy Pillay, Wits School of Governance
- Ivor Sarakinsky, Wits School of Governance
- Oriol Costa, Institut Barcelona Estudis Internacionals (IBEI)
End of conference
Please note that this is a virtual event on Zoom that requires registration.
When you register for this event, you will receive a link to the Zoom webinar a few days before the conference. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with Zoom [https://www.uio.no/english/services/it/phone-chat-videoconf/zoom/] before attending the webinar. You can either download Zoom [https://zoom.us/download] or use your web browser.
Please also note that the event will be recorded.
Register for the event: https://www.globus.uio.no/events/workshops/concluding-conference-global-justice-may20.html
Published on: May 27 2020