CV in English (not updated) -
---- please see my personal homepage for updated information, short bio, and updated CV ---
- Associate Professor of Business Finance and Economics of Financial Markets and Financial Intermediaries, University of Bologna, Forli School of Economics.
- Member of the Faculty's International Exchange Committee.
Education & Research
Ph.D. in Economics of Financial Markets and Financial Intermediaries, Faculty of Banking and Finance
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, BIRKBECK COLLEGE (London)
Postgraduate Diploma in Finance, with a specialization in Mathematical Finance, University of London, Birkbeck College
UNIVERSITYOF BOLOGNA, FACULTY OF ECONOMICS (Italy)
Master's Degree (LAUREA MAGISTRALE) in Economics, with a specialization in Law in Finance, University of Bologna, Faculty of Economics Grade: 110/110 CUM LAUDE.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE (not updated) ---- please look inside the personal homepage for updated information ---
RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE (RPI, New York)
- Visiting Professor, Department of Management
- Project: Illegal Buyouts, with Douglas Cumming
- Teaching activity as guest speaker:
- Module: Private Equity Valuation (Financial Management course)
- Module: Portfolio Theory (Investment course)
HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL (Boston)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Business Economics. Research Projects (supervisor Prof. Lerner): The Venture Capital Investment Cycle; The US Venture Capital Model; The Role of Venture Capital Financing in Italy; The Legality of LBOs in Italy; The Acquisition of Ducati Motor holding SpA by TPG.
MIT SLOAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (Boston)
- Postdoctoral Visiting Student
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON (London)
- Research-Fellow, Birkbeck College
- Research Projects: Venture Capital Investments: the Evaluation Models; The Structure and Regulation of Venture Capital in Italy and in the UK (empirical research sponsored by the Italian Research Council -CNR-)
UNIVERSITÀ BOCCONI (Italy)
- Newfin (Center for Financial Innovation) Research Fellow .
- Research Projects: Venture Capital Financing, Leveraged Buyout Transactions in Italy; New Italia corporate governance.
AWARDS (not updated) --> for updated information see my personal webpage
- 2006 – Best Paper Award: Awarded by AIDEA National Conference (Accademia Italiana Economia Aziendale) with Annalisa Caruso, Fabrizio Palmucci.
- 2005- Best Course Award - Venture Capital course, Faculty of Economics, Bologna University, Forli School of Business.
- 2005- Best Teaching Effectiveness Award - Finance and Markets Course, Mathematics Faculty, Bologna University.
GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS (not updated).
- 2006-07- Marco Polo Grant (University of Bologna) –Project: Private Equity Contracting & Buyout Transactions, RPI-New York
- Leonardo Grant (University of Bologna) for professors – HMD partners, London (2005).
- University of Bologna (Italy), two-years Post-doctoral Scholarship.
- International Rotary Foundation (USA): One-year Post-doctoral Scholarship for international studies.
- Italian Government, Department of Scientific Research: Three-years Ph.D. Scholarship.
- Municipality of Bologna (Italy): One Year Postgraduate Scholarship
Teaching Activity (2007-2008) - not updated -- please look at my personal webpage
Unviersity of Westminster, London
- Portfolio Theory (Investment course) with prof. Roberta Adami
UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA, FACULTY OF ECONOMICS, Forli School of Business
- Professor of Private Equity Financing and Structured Finance;
- Professor of Financial Analysis;
- Professor of Financial Intermediaries;
- Professor of Venture Capital – Business Valuation
UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA, FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS
- Professor of Risk Management in Banking.
- Referee for the Journal of Business Venturing;
- Co-Referee Special Issue of the Journal of Corporate Finance on: PRIVATE EQUITY, LBOs, AND GOVERNANCE (October 2006-December 2006)
- Discussant, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY, USA, Special Issues of the Journal of Corporate Finance, Private Equity, LBOs, And Governance, April 2006
- Venture Capital Conference Organizer, Economic Faculty, Forlì. Special Speaker: Prof. Douglas Cumming, Cambridge University & University of Alberta, 2004.
Publications and Working Paper -- please see personal homepage