Address: 15 Saurm Terrace, Bow Common Lane, London, E3 4HJ
E-mail: M.Tosi@lse.ac.uk - email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Date and Place of Birth: 11/03/1985 – Bologna (Italy)
Research Officer on ERC-project FAMHEALTH, ALPHA research group, Department of Social Policy - London School of Economics and Political Science.
Research assistant in the project on educational and employment careers “Osservatorio sulle carriere formative e i destini professionali degli studenti”, coordinated by Ivano Bison. University of Trento
Ph.D. in Sociology and Social Research at the University of Trento. Thesis: “Leaving Home Sooner or Later: Co-residence and Parent-Adult Child Relations in Italy and Sweden” , Defense 14/04/2016.
Supervisors: Carlo Buzzi and Marco Albertini
Visiting: SOFI (Swedish Institute for Social Research), Stockholm.
Master Degree in Sociology and Social Research. Vote: 110/110 with distinction. Thesis: Childbirths and Poverty Risk among Italian Households. University of Trento (IT)- Department of Sociology and Social Research
Bachelor in Sociology. University of Bologna(IT) “Alma Mater Studiorum”- Department of Political Science
Tosi and Grundy, intergenerational relationships and parents’ depressive symptoms in Eastern Europe.
Albertini and Tosi, Divorce, father-child contact and grandparents’ involvement in childcare in Italy.
Tosi and Albertini, Does union dissolution hurt parents? Adult children’s separation and parents’ depressive symptoms in Europe.
Tosi and Grundy, Moving back home and parents’ well-being
Tosi, Oncini, “The fourth commandment effect”: church attendance and intergenerational support in late parent-child relationships.
European Sociological Review; Demographic Research; Population Research and Policy Review; Regional Studies; Journal of Family Issue; Politiche Sociali; Sage Open.
- Seminar of Data Analysis with STATA, University of Sassari (IT)- Department of Political Sciences, 23/10/2012-28/10/2012.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Course of Social Research Methodology, University of Trento, from 15/09/2013 – to 15/02/2014; and from 15/09/2015– to 15/02/2016
- Member of examination board for Master dissertations (March, 2016)
Conference as speaker
-Social inequality Seminar, Oxford University, Oxford, 30/5/2017 - Pop-Days Giornate di Studio sulla Popolazione 2017, University of Florence, 8-10th
February, 2017. - Alpha workshop, London School of Economics, 9th
- Housing Wealth and Welfare, University of Amsterdam, 25-26th May 2016.
- Workshop on Grandparents Life Course: Analysis of Italian data, 15th September, 2015.
- ECSR, Cumulative Inequalities in the life course, Tallinn, 10th September, 2015.
- “SUDA Demographic Colloquium” of the Department of Sociology, Stockholm University, 23th October, 2014.
- LNU seminar, Swedish Institute for Social Research, Stockholm, 9th December, 2014.
- ESPAnet Conference “Beyond the Crisis in Europe” Oslo 2014.
- ECSR, Collegio Carlo Alberto and Milan-Turin Joint Spring School on Family Complexity and its Implications for Inequality, 10-14/3/2014.
- ECSR, Developments in Social Inequality and Social Cohesion, Tilburg, 2013.
- ECSR, Equalsoc & University of Trento joint Summer School 2013 Edition.
- 3th International Conference on Human and Social Sciences, ICHSS, Roma, September, 2013.
- 11th ESA (European Sociological Association), Torino, August 2013
- Trento Festival of Economics, 7th, 2012, PhD Poster Section
- “Young Sociologist Forum”, AIS, Brindisi, September, 2012.
Young Italian Sociologist 2012- awarded by Italian Association of Sociology
Summer school and
international conferences attained (without presentations)
46th Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis 2013- Mathematics for Social Scientists (Prof. Chris Saker) and Multilevel Analysis with Applications (Prof. Kelvyn Jones)
Economic crises, Social Inequalities and social policies (Trento) – Spring meeting of the ISA- RC28