Transferring to another Italian university

Deadlines and procedures to transfer to a degree programme at another Italian university.

How to apply

  • Find out from the university you wish to transfer to about enrolment procedures and in particular:
    - inbound transfer application deadline
    - admission requirements, any entry tests or other selection methods
    - deadline by which your documentation must reach your new university
  • Log into Studenti Online and follow the “Transfer” procedure to fill in the form and generate the payment code for the transfer fee to another university (€316 stamp duty included; or €96 stamp duty included, if you matriculated in this academic year, 2022/23, and you are transferring to a restricted access degree programme). 
    Make sure that all the exams you have taken have been correctly registered, if you have any queries or notice any errors, inform your contact teacher.
  • Once you have generated the code, pay the fee to transfer to another university, as explained on Studenti Online. To finalize the transfer, you must have paid all tuition fees up to the 2021/22 academic year.
  • Submit the following to the Student Administration Office, by post or in person:
    - the signed transfer application form produced in Studenti Online
    - your student’s record-book (only if you matriculated before the 2010/11 academic year)
    - the receipt of the payment of the fee to transfer to another university
    - a copy of a valid identity document (only if you send the documentation by post)
  • Do not pay the first instalment for the 2022/23 academic year. If you have already paid it and you are transferring to a university within Emilia-Romagna, you will not be required to pay the regional fee again; in all other cases, to get a refund check the procedure on the ER.GO website.



  • You may apply between 21 July and 22 December 2022; exceptions to this deadline can be made when transferring to restricted access degree programmes, only in the case of unallocated places. For information about benefits for the right to higher education, see the relevant call for applications published by the regional board for the right to higher education at the university of destination. Should you have any questions, first contact the Student Administration Office at your new university.
  • The recognition of any previously acquired credits is the competence of your university of destination. Please refer to the relevant offices at your new university.