The Italian tax code

To receive payments and reimbursements from the University of Bologna and for other purposes you must have an Italian tax code.

You can already request it from the Embassy before you leave for Italy or wait until you have arrived in Italy and contact a local office of the Revenue Agency (Agenzie delle Entrate).

The tax code is needed to carry out various activities, for example: opening a bank account, entering into a rental contract, receiving payments from the University of Bologna.