Multimedia Research Resource Centre - CRR-MM
The activities of the centre focus on two main areas:
- video production;
- creation and management of multimedia collections.
The centre carries out activities on its own behalf and provides technical assistance for the design, preparation, shooting, editing and post-production of audio-visual materials. The multimedia contents are archived on the centre's server and distributed through a range of national and international web communication channels: from the University portal to dedicated websites, from YouTube to key social media.
Some examples of videos produced by the centre:
Creation and management of multimedia collections
The centre manages the multimedia collections on file for sharing and accessibility for future reference, offering the following services:
- analysing and developing software platforms and metadata more suited to management, preservation and use of digital resources;
- consultancy over modelling and organizing research project data;
- preserving digital resources for access over time, in liaison with CeSIA, in order to ensure that databanks are sustainable and lastingly available;
- development of research interfaces and specific websites to guarantee access to resources;
- assisting researchers to formulate data management plans;
- ontology engineering for linked data and organization of knowledge;
- legal support, in collaboration with ARIC.
Some examples of databases and multimedia collections managed by the centre:
ASFE: database documenting the student population of the University of Bologna from 1500 to 1800.
Vespasiano da Bisticci, letters: critical edition of the letters of Vespasiano da Bisticci.
Corago: database providing scholars with information on Italian melodrama from the 17th to the early 20th century.
Classical Reception: project in progress to catalogue the wealth of authors and classical texts of modern literature from the Justinian era to modern times.
La dama boba: a digital critical edition demo of Lope de Vega works, with a synoptic view of the witnesses.
qu.it: graphic design and maintenance of the interactive website for the Italian - French linguistic corpus (Quebec language).
How to access the services
Information on how to access the services and the tariffs applied by the centre are available on the University Intranet.