EADIC II consists in the creation of a mobility scheme within the consortium of EU and Argentinean partner universities. The project offers scholarships for Argentinean citizens to spend a period of study, research or didactic activities in Europe at PhD, Post Doc and Academic/Administrative Staff levels.
The overall objective of EADIC II is to provide opportunities to upgrade and reinforce capacities of scholars and HEIs staff about issues that are relevant to the economic and social agenda of Argentinean development. It promotes and enhances scientific cooperation in strategic fields such as: natural resources management; sustainable agriculture; biotechnology; renewable energies; hydraulic and bio-engineering; climate change and ICT development.
The available fields of study are:
- Agricultural Sciences (including agriculture, agricultural economics, food science and technology, horticulture, fisheries, forestry, animal husbandry, tropical/subtropical agriculture)
- Engineering, Technology (including mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, electronic and telecommunications, informatics, materials, aeronautical)
- Geography, Geology (including geography, environmental sciences and ecology, geology, soil and water sciences, geodesy, cartography, remore sensing, meteorology)
- Mathematics, Informatics (including mathematics, statistics, informatics and computer sciences, artificial intelligence, actuarial sciences)
- Natural Sciences (including biology, physics, chemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, nuclear and high energy physics, biochemistry, astronomy and astrophysics, oceanography).
Mobility grants are awarded to Argentinean PhD scholars/candidates, Post-doc Fellows and Academic/Administrative Staff. Scholars at PhD level move on a sandwich base (for 6/10 months) or enrol in a full doctoral programme at one of the European universities. Post doc and Academic/Administrative staff move from Argentinean universities in order to encourage the transfer of expertise and know-how and also to reinforce the mutual understanding of the role played by higher education institutions in different contexts. Part of the scholarships are available also for scholars affiliated to other Argentinean universities or working in public or private institutes.
The project has been funded by the European Commission under the framework of the Programme Erasmus Mundus Action 2.
The Consortium, coordinated by Bologna, is composed of the following Higher Education Institutions:
Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna - Italy
Università degli Studi di Padova - Italy
University of Antwerp - Belgium
University of Leuven - Belgium
Universite de Lille 1- France
Karl-Franzens - Universität Graz- Austria
Universidad de Valladolid - Spain
Friedrich-Schiller - Universität Jena - Germany
Universidade de Coimbra - Portugal
Universidad de Granada - Spain
Universidad de Buenos Aires - Argentina
Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires - Argentina
Universidad Nacional de Quilmes - Argentina
Universidad Nacional de San Luis - Argentina
Universidad Nacional de Tucuman - Argentina
Universidad Nacional de Rosario - Argentina
Universidad Nacional del Comahue - Argentina
Universidad Nacional del Litoral - Argentina
Universidad Nacional de Salta - Argentina
Universidad Tecnologica Nacional - Argentina